- Real World: January 11. Japan declares war on the Netherlands, then proceeds to invade the Netherlands East Indies. Japan also conquers Kuala Lumpur.
- Real World: January 20. The Nazis decide on their "final solution" for the Jews- relocation and extermination.
- Amalgam: February. By this time, the All-Star Winners Squadron has been founded. Super-Soldier and Sgt. Rock and his Howling Commandoes defeat Major Zemo and his War Wheel. (Super-Soldier: Man of War #1)
- Real World: February 19. Japanese warplanes attack Darwin, Australia. U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt signs Executive Order 9066, which creates "exclusionary zones" affecting Japanese-Americans on the West Coast and German- and Italian-Americans on the East Coast.
- Real World: February 22. President Roosevelt orders General Douglas ~MacArthur to leave the Philippines as the U.S. defense of the nation collapses. ~Mac swears "I shall return."
- Real World: February 23. A Japanese boat fires at an oil refinery in Santa Barbara, California, but only inflicts negligible damage.
- Amalgam: March. In battle with Ultra-Metallo, Super-Soldier (and the robot) disappear over the Atlantic Ocean. (Super-Soldier #1, Super-Soldier: Man of War #1)
- Real World: April 3. Japanese forces launch an all-out assault on the U.S. and Filipino troops at the Bataan Peninsula.
- Real World: April 9. Defense of the Bataan Peninsula collapses. Captured soldiers are forced to begin what becomes known as the Bataan Death March.
- Real World: June 7. The Battle of Midway ends with a U.S. victory, marking a turning point in the Pacific War. Japanese forces invade the Aleutian Islands.
- Real World: August 7. U.S. forces make their first offensive against the Japanese with the Battle of Guadalcanal.
- Real World: August 8. Six Germans who attempted to become saboteurs in the United States are executed. The Quit India Movement, led by Mohandas Gandhi, begins a campaign of civil disobedience intended to give India independence from British rule.
- Real World: October 3. The A4 rocket is launched from Peenemunde, Germany, becoming the first manmade object to reach space.
- Real World: October 16. A hurricane strikes Bombay; the hurricane and the flooding caused by it cause 40,000 deaths.
- Real World: November 10. Nazi Germany invades Vichy France after it reaches an armistice with the Allies.
- Real World: November 19. Soviet General Georgy Zhukov launches Operation Uranus, which turns the tide of the Battle of Stalingrad in favor of Russian forces.
- Real World: December 2. A team led by Enrico Fermi create the first self-sustaining nuclear chain reaction at the University of Chicago.
- DC (Generations): The Justice Society of America teams with the Blackhawks and Superman to defeat a Nazi war machine built by the Ultra-Humanite (who confirms his theory that Superman is an alien by his reaction to kryptonite radiation). Wonder Woman makes her debut. Batman and Robin help save Lois Lane and capture Lex Luthor in Gotham City. (Superman & Batman: Generations II)
- Universal Monsters: Frank Griffin (Frank Raymond) injects himself with his grandfather's invisibility formula to become a secret agent for the United States, to spy on Nazi Germany. (Invisible Agent)
- Baines, Milton ([[Category:Chronology:Back to the Future|Back to the Future])
(Unsourced information from Back to the Future timeline)
- Maza, Peter (Gargoyles, [:Category:Chronology:Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles|Gargoyles: The Goliath Chronicles]])
- Chuck (of the Blackhawks) (DC (Generations))
(Superman & Batman: Generations II)
- Heiser, Karl (Universal Monsters)
- Ikito, Baron (Universal Monsters)
- Stauffer, Conrad (Universal Monsters)
New Fictional Works
Casablanca, Castle in the Desert, Cat People, The Corpse Vanishes, Ghost of Frankenstein, I Married a Witch, Invisible Agent, Jungle Book, Les Visiteurs du Soir, Mad Monster, The Mummy's Tomb, Night Monster, Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon, Sherlock Holmes and the Voice of Terror, Spy Smasher (serial), Tarzan's New York Adventure, The Undying Monster. Fleischer Superman serials Billion Dollar Limited, The Arctic Giant, The Bulleteers, The Magnetic Telescope, Electric Earthquake, Volcano, Terror on The Midway, Japoteurs, Showdown, Eleventh Hour, and Destruction, Inc.
|<< Back to 1941||^Up to 1940s^||Forward to 1943 >>|