Parker Industries is a business that features in Marvel Comics.
Parker Industries was a business that was established by Peter Parker with it being intended to change the world. It was actually created by Dr. Otto Octavius after he gained possession of Spider-Man's body and he had been fired from Horizon Labs. He decided to forge his own company and applied for a business loan with the help of J. Joan Jameson, Sr. (Superior Spider-Man v1 #20)
Among its acquisitions was the Baxter Building following the disbanding of the Fantastic Four. It served as the new corporate headquarters for Parker Industries. (Amazing Spider-Man V4 #3)
At Nadua, Parker Industries through its Uncle Ben Foundation was providing pure water and energy to the local populace with this work being headed by Aunt May and Jay Jameson. However, they came under attack from a number of War Goblins until they arrival of Spider-Man. (Amazing Spider-Man v3 #4)
Queen Medusa of New Attilan provided a sample of the Terrigen Mist in order for Parker Industries to find a means of preventing its toxic effect on Mutants. An outside specialist named Dr. Rhonda Fleming was called to study the crystal when a containment breach occurred leading to the mist escaping and activating he Inhuman gene in Fleming. As a result, she was encased in a Terrigenesis Cocoon with Miguel O'Hara seeking to find a means of saving her. However, this branch of Parker Industries came under attack from the Inhuman Lash who stole the cocoon leading to a fight with Spider-Man 2099. (Spider-Man 2099 v3 #6) In China, it was called in to examine one of the mysterious Skyspears that had landed on Earth with Spider-Man calling in the support of Crystal of the Inhumans. (All-New Inhumans v1 #5)
Parker Industries continued their involvement in providing equipment to S.H.I.E.L.D. along with other organizations. During this time, Norman Osborn who had gone into hiding decided to attack Parker Industries, Hong Kong as part of a weapons expo for his Goblin Army and sell weapons around the world. It was later discovered from Silver Sable that Osborn had subjugated the country of Symkaria with the Countess Katarina Karkov where they used the citizens to build armaments for warmachines. Upon learning of this, Peter Parker devoted the resources of Parker Industries to sending equipment to help Silver Sable in ousting the government of Symkaria. This was despite the fact that public opinion had turned against Parker Industries over a number of recent disasters. Furthermore, S.H.I.E.L.D. severed ties with Parker Industries due to their assistance in toppling Symkaria's government and declared the company hostile. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #26)
Doctor Octopus later re-emerged as the Superior Octopus and now a member of Hydra where he attempted to claim Parker Industries for himself. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #29) Octavius sought to pillage it of technology with Peter Parker desperately attempting to put up a united front against him as the world fell to Hydra. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #30) To prevent the company from falling to Octavius's hands, Peter Parker dissolved the company and scrapped its technology through viruses that shut down all its products as well as destroyed all its research. Thus, Parker Industries as a company ceased to exist as it was effectively destroyed. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #31)
Among the creations of the company included:
- Spider-Mobile :
- Web-Jet : (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #4)
- Webware : it contained nanotech computers that physically reconfigured the software and the hardware making it perfect cyber-security. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #2)
- Spider-Tracers : based on the ones used by Spider-Man with these holding a two year battery life, super durable and waterproof that could be linked with Webware to locate lost items tagged such as car keys. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #2)
It managed to expand to get 47 office buildings around the world. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #2)
Parker Industries had their own armed security details. One of its branches was the Uncle Ben Foundation that did humanitarian charity work such as offering deprived regions of the world clean water, energy and access to the internet. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #4)
- Peter Parker :
- Sajani Jaffrey : dark haired female who was the Vice-President of the company. (Superior Spider-Man v1 #20)
- Miguel O'Hara : hired by Parker to be the Head of Research and Development for the New York office. (Spider-Man 2099 v3 #1)
- Hobie Brown : hired to be the head of security. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #2)
- Harry Osborn : operating under his new name of Harry Lyland. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #3)
- Clayton Cole :
- Roberta Mendez : (Spider-Man 2099 v3 #1)
- Phillip Chang : male Chinese who was the lead researcher in the field of renewable energy and stationed at the China branch of the company. (Amazing Spider-Man v4 #6)
- Aiden Blain :
- Parker Industries was created by Dan Slott, Christos Gage and Humberto Ramos where it made its first appearance in The Superior Spider-Man v1 #20 (December 2013).
- In Clone Conspiracy v1 #2 (2016), its revealed that over a dozen worlds in the Multiverse saw Parker Industries ally with New U that brought about the end of the world.
In other media
- In Spider-Man, a company named the Peter Parker Science Foundation appeared in the 1990s animated television series in the episode "Farewell Spider-Man". It was shown to exist on a parallel universe Earth where Peter Parker had forged himself as a billionaire with himself operating as a superhero and his civilian identity being known with the public loving him.
- In Ultimate Spider-Man, Parker Industries made a brief appearance in the animated television series in the episode "Nightmare on Christmas." It was shown in a dream that Nightmare created for Spider-Man that showed a world where Peter Parker stopped being a hero with Parker Industries being created. In this dream, the Goblin King rose to power and was responsible for killing every superhero that faced him.
- In Marvel Heroes, Parker Industries Advanced Web Shooters were available as items in the MMORPG video game. The description referred to as technological revolution was starting with Parker Industries aiming to ruling the world of science with its achievements.
- Superior Spider-Man v1:
- Spider-Man 2099 v3: