|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|Line 31:||Line 36:|
Revision as of 14:33, 15 August 2019
Shade is a male comic supervillain who features in DC Comics.
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of reality was created with a different history of events.
A badly wounded Hawkman approached Richard for aid after the Shadow-Thief gained far greater control over the power of shadows. Shade was willing to aid Carter but came to notice that his shadow was missing. He then took Carter into a sealed panic room as he deduced that the Shadow-Thief had followed Hawkman secretly. This proved to be true and the villain emerged within the panic room where he claimed Shade's shadow thus taking a significant portion of his abilities before departing. Richard determined that he was the target of the Shadow-Thief who wanted to remove a rival over the control of shadows and had used Hawkman to achieve that goal. (Hawkman v5 #15)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Shade was created by Gardner Fox and Hal Sharp where he made his first appearance in Flash Comics v1 #33 (September 1942)
In other media
- In the DC Animated Universe, the character made multiple appearances in the shared continuity setting:
- In Justice League, Shade made his first appearance in the animated television series starting from the episode "Injustice For All: Part 1 & 2" where he was voiced by actor Stephen McHattie.
- In Justice League Unlimited, Shade made multiple appearances in the animated television series with the character having a non-speaking role.
- In The Flash, a character later named Shade appeared as a brief antagonist in the live-action television series set in the Arrowverse where he was portrayed by actor Mike McLeod.
- In Young Justice, Shade appeared in the animated television series third season Outsiders where he was voiced by actor Joel Swetow.
- Flash Comics v1: 1942)
- Shade v2:
- The Flash:
- Hawkman v5: