- Real World: February 7. The Soviet Communist Party releases their monopoly on political power in Russia.
- Real World: June 1. George H.W. Bush, U.S. President, and Mikhail Gorbachev, U.S.S.R. president, sign a treaty that ends their nations' production of chemical weapons. Both countries also begin destroying their stockpiles.
- Real World: September 11. U.S. President George H.W. Bush threatens to use force against Iraq if it does not withdraw from Kuwait.
- Real World: November 29. The U.N. Security Council sets a deadline for the Iraqi withdrawal from Kuwait- until January 15, 1991- before military intervention will begin.
New Fictional Works
Use of Weapons by Iain M. Banks, Heads by Greg Bear, Queen of Angels by Greg Bear, Clear and Present Danger by Tom Clancy, Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, The Stand (Expanded) by Stephen King, The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum, Eric by Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures by Terry Pratchett.
Back to the Future Part III, Dick Tracy, DuckTales: The Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp, Edward Scissorhands, Ghost, Gremlins 2: The New Batch, Happily Ever After, The Hunt for Red October, Jacob's Ladder, Kiki's Delivery Service (Japan), Predator 2, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Total Recall.
Notable Comic Books
Notable Television Series
- Beginning: Captain Planet and the Planeteers, Dracula: The Series, Dragon Warrior, The Flash, Jupiter Moon, The Midnight Patrol: Adventures in the Dream Zone, The New Adventures of He-Man, She-Wolf of London, Swamp Thing, Talespin, Video Power.
- Continuing: The Adventures of Superboy (Season 3), Captain N: The Game Master becomes Captain N and the Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3, Dragon Ball Z (Season 2) (Japan), DuckTales (Season 4), My Secret Identity (Season 3), Quantum Leap (Season 3), Star Trek: The Next Generation (Season 4), Tales from the Crypt (Season 2), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Season 4).
- Ending: Alien Nation, Beauty and the Beast, The Karate Kid, Ring Raiders, The Super Mario Bros. Super Show, War of the Worlds.
Notable Electronic Games
Mega Man 3 (NES), Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES).
|<< Back to 1989||^Up to 1990s^||Forward to 1991 >>|