Basil Karlo is a male comic supervillain that features in DC Comics.
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of reality was created with a different history of events.
Among his closest friends was his production assistant Glory Griffin who was a blonde haired attractive woman. (Detective Comics Annual v1 #2018)
After being hit by the cache of Renu chemicals, he was transformed into Clayface where he went on a rampage and attacked Batman. Their battle brought him to the site of a film set where Glory attempted to convince him to stop by saying he was not a monster. A mentally unstable Karlo replied by saying that there was a monster in all of them and threw the Renu chemicals on Glory in order to bring it out in her. (Detective Comics Annual v1 #2018) Glory was thus transformed into a deformed misshapen being with clay-like features who began to refer to herself as Mudface who sought revenge against Basil. (Detective Comics Annual v1 #944)
However, in reality he managed to survive and return in control of his body with Basil keeping the nature of his survival a secret as he stayed with Dr. October. (Detective Comics v1 #981)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Basil Karlo was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane where he made his first appearance in Detective Comics v1 #40 (June, 1940).
In other media
- In The Batman, the Basil Karlo Clayface made his first appearance in the animated television series where he was initially voiced by actor Wallace Langham and then by actor Lex Lang.
- In DC Universe Online, the Basil Karlo Clayface appeared in the MMORPG where he was voiced by actor Benjamin Jansen.
- In Injustice 2, Basil Karlo was referenced in the fighting video game.
- In DC Legends, the Basil Karlo Clayface appeared as a playable character in the mobile video game.
- Detective Comics v1: