Batroc the Leaper
Batroc the Leaper is a male comic supervillain who features in Marvel Comics.
Batroc came to learn of a new weapon called a Seismo-Bomb that was within New York and sought to acquire the bomb to blackmail the nation. To aid him, he began to recruit other villains for the job where he got the aid of the Swordsman and the Living Laser. (Captain America v1 #105)
He was secretly hired by Kashmir Vennema for a raid against the Stark Expo on Madripoor. With a hired crew, he struck the Expo in order to allow his employer to acquire the Harvester Protocol. (Captain America and Iron Man v1 #633)
Batroc later worked for Baron Zemo to guard a machine that was harvesting the deadly blood of a boy that was working for Hydra. (All-New Captain America v1 #1)
He later went out on a date with Felicia Hardy where the took shared their respective experiences with superheroes. Their dinner led to them breaking into a building to steal items where Batroc had taken a blender for her. On that night, the two slept together but were not going to pursue a relationship and he was going away for an assignment. (Black Cat v1 #6) He was hired by Sebastian Shaw in order to hijack the Hellfire Trading Company's own shipments and instead divert them from their African destinations to wealthy clients in the United States. To stop them, Captain Kate Pryde attacked the pirates after receiving orders from Emma Frost to thwart Shaw's plans where she along with her X-Men managed to defeat Batroc along with his mercenaries. It was noted that Batroc was furious with Shaw over the internal power struggles within the Hellfire Trading Company. (Marauders v1 #2)
Personality and attributes
He claimed that he never failed on an assignment. (Tales of Suspense v1 #75)
Batroc had said that he had long admired the skill and daring of Captain America. (Tales of Suspense v1 #75)
It was known that he had a blonde haired daughter who grew up to be a mercenary like him and adopted a similar costume as her father. (Agent X v1 #6)
Powers and abilities
He was skilled in the art of La Savatte that was the French art of boxing with feet. (Tales of Suspense v1 #75)
- Batroc the Leaper was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby where he made his first appearance in Tales of Suspense v1 #75 (March, 1966).
- During Agent X, Batroc's daughter was introduced but was unnamed in the issue though writer Gail Simone commented in an interview that her name was Marie.
- In the All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Update v1 #3 (2007), his daughter was formally identified as being Marie Batroc.
In other media
- In The Marvel Super Heroes, Batroc appeared in the animated motion comic during the Captain America segments where he was voiced by actor Gillie Fenwick.
- In Black Panther, Batroc appeared in the animated motion comic where he was voiced by actor JB Blanc.
- In The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Batroc made a brief non-voiced cameo appearance in the animated television series in the episode "The Big House".
- In Ultimate Spider-Man, Batroc appeared in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Rob Paulsen.
- In Captain America: The Winter Solider, Batroc appeared in the live-action film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe where he was portrayed by actor Georges St-Pierre.
- In Marvel: Avengers Alliance, Batroc appeared in the setting of the Facebook video game.
- In Marvel Heroes, Batroc appeared in the setting of the MMORPG.
- Tales of Suspense v1:
- Captain America v1:
- Agent X:
- Captain America:
- Black Panther:
- Captain America and Iron Man v1:
- All-New Captain America v1:
- Unbelievable Gwenpool v1:
- Black Cat v1:
- Marauders v2: