The Blood Elves are a faction that features in Warcraft.
The Blood Elves (or Sin'dorei, "children of the blood" in Thalassian) were a faction of Elves whose origins were tied to the devastating time of the Third War. At the time, Arthas Menethil had fallen under the sway of the Lich King where he commanded parts of the undead Scourge in subjugating Azeroth. During his campaigns, he targeted the home of the High Elves in their homeland of Quel'Thalas where they had resided for thousands of years and maintained the magic from the Sunwell. It was the power of this mystical relic the Scourge sought and thus they laid siege to the land in order to claim the magic. This saw Quel'Thalas ravaged as a result with much of the High Elven population being eradicated in the conflict. Among the survivors was a noble named Kael'thas Sunstrider who had returned to his homeland in order to rally the survivors where he decided to name themselves the Blood Elves in memory of their fallen brethren as the swore vengeance against their attackers.
An organization that formed in their society was the Reliquary whose goal was the gathering of powerful magical artifacts and studying the past.
- Kael'thas Sunstrider :
- Lor'themar Theron :
- Halduron Brightwing :
- Lady Liadrin :
- Aethas Sunreaver :
- Pathaleon the Calculator :
- Tae'thelan Bloodwatcher : male Blood Elf who served as High Examiner and leader of the Reliquary organization.
- Valeera Sanguinar :
- The Blood Elves were created by Blizzard Entertainment and featured in the setting of the Warcraft universe.
- In World of Warcraft, they became a playable race who were members of the Horde in the World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade expansion.
- Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne: