From Multiversal Omnipedia
Coast City is a city that features in DC Comics.
The New 52
- Fox Avenue :
- Memorial Park : a park built by the Green Lantern that had a statue resembling a Power Battery. (Green Lanterns v1 #12)
- Seaside Hotel : (Superman v1 #77)
- Hal Jordan :
- Coast City was created by John Broome and Gil Kane where it made its first appearance in Superman v1 #77 (August, 1952).
- In Atlas of the DC Universe (1990), Coast City was said to had been founded as Presidio San Georgio in 1778 by Spanish explorer Sebastian Rodriguez Cermeno with it serving as a fort for most of its time. It was captured by the Americans in the Mexican-American war of 1846. The town boomed under the 1879 gold rush, and was eventually renamed Coast City in 1901. Apart from aeronautics firm Ferris Aircraft, the city also boasted one of the busiest harbors on the west coast.
In other media
- In Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Coast City made numerous appearances during the animated series. The episode "Hail the Tornado Tyrant!" had the villainous Tornado Tyrant attempt to wipe it out with a massive tidal wave but was stopped by Batman and Red Tornado. In "Sidekicks Assemble!", Ra's al Ghul infested Coast City with evil plants that tried to ravage it. In "Scorn of the Star Sapphire", it was the setting for the episode when the Zamarons turned Carol Ferris into Star Sapphire.
- In Arrow, it was mentioned in a number of episodes starting with the first season. The episode "Legacies" had Tommy Merlyn ask Laurel Lance if she wanted to join him on his private jet to Coast City. In the episode "The Huntress Returns", a badly wounded Starling City Detective McKenna decided to relocate there to live with her sister as Coast City had the finest facilities for recovering from her injuries. In "Green Arrow", it was shown in a flashback that after leaving Hong Kong Oliver Queen operated in Coast City until he was captured by Amanda Wallers forces for use on a mission.
- In Green Lantern, Coast City appeared in the setting of the 2011 live-action film. Ferris Aircraft pilot Hal Jordan became Green Lantern after Abin Sur crashed on Earth. Jordan would use his power ring to battle the mutated Hector Hammond and defeat Parallax that had come to the planet to devour it.
- In Infinite Crisis, Coast City served as one of the settings for the players in the MOBA.
- In Injustice 2, Coast City was mentioned as part of the video game setting where it was said to be one of the cities digitised by Brainiac and believed lost in his collection.
- Green Lantern: