From Multiversal Omnipedia
The Dark Eldar are an extraterrestrial species that feature in Warhammer 40,000.
The Drukhari were a faction that splintered from the ancient Aeldari empire.
Within the Drukhari army included:
- Incubi : these Drukhari were the highest calibre of warrior among their kind that honed themselves tot he art of war and had the singular goal of killing as many enemies as possible. Thus, they were highly valued as both bodyguards and shock troops by their masters with the Incubi taking joy in proving their skill in combat. Whilst trained in various forms of blades, they tended to favour their great Klaives blades that were able to slice through enemy armour with ease.
- Wracks :
- Grotesques : these towering monstrous beings were creations of the Haemonculi who created the massive meat-hulks to be engines of destruction.
- Mandrakes :
- Scourge : rich and daring Drukhari surrendered themselves to the Haemonculi who went about grafting them powerful wings whilst hollowing their bones and providing adrenaline dispensers to give them the power of flight. These veteran warriors were prized by Kabal lords who paid handsomely for their services with Scourges being equipped with the best weapons and armour. They tended to fight long range and away from harms reach rather than engage in close quarter fighting against their enemies.
- Beastmaster : these Drukhari commanded the fearsome beasts that were let loose during raids into realspace where they stood aboard their skyboard to oversee their
- Lhamaeans : a mysterious sisterhood of Lhilitu that were often found within the ranks of courtesans of an Archon. They were desired above all else as they were poisoners without equal and had a supply of the most virulent toxins that they shared with their master during raids into realspace.
- Archons : the masters of Drukhari Kabals, they fed on the pain of others in order to invigorate themselves thus leading them to raid realspace and having the power to enslave entire worlds or destroy whole civilisations.
In terms of vehicles, they utilised the following:
- Cronus : this Parasite Engine was a disturbing torture device and war machine that had an armoured shell-like carapace that protected the Cronos as it contained hooks and chains along with segmented tendrils that it used against enemies.
- Raider :
- Ravager :
- Asdrubael Vect :
- Drazhar :
- Arhra :
- Lelith Hesperax :
- During the 8th Edition, the faction were renamed as the Drukhari.
In other media
- In Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm, the Dark Eldar featured in the story mode and were a playable faction in the real-time strategy video game expansion. These Dark Eldar were part of the Kabal of the Black Heart who were led by Archon Tahril where he directed their activities within the Kaurava System.
- In Battlefleet Gothic: Armada II, the Drukhari appeared as a playable faction within the setting of the space-based strategy video game.
- In Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr, the Drukhari appeared as antagonists in the DLC for the video game. These Dark Eldar were referred to as being part of the Kabal of the Jagged Maze which had operated in the Caligari Sector for centuries. When the Triglav Subsector was cut off decades ago, the Kabal began preying on the Imperial worlds in the region and used the suffering to power 'pain catalysts' that provided them great power.
- Warhammer 40,000: