Eclipso is a male comic supervillain who features in DC Comics.
In response, the Justice Society sought to confront Black Adam in Kahndaq with their response being to attack the heroes. Alex Montez used the power of Eclipso in the battle but failed to notice a cut on his skin that severed one of the binding glyphs on his body. This allowed the demon to assert more control over Montez and in mad state he killed Soseh Mykros. It was only then that he realised that Eclipso was taking control over his body and in desperation Alex decided to throw himself off the building in an effort to kill himself. This was done to prevent Eclipso from taking over with the demon laughing madly as his former host was now deceased. (JSA v1 #58)
Once again Bruce Gordon, Eclipso set about his plan at taking over the world and gathered individuals with ties to shadows. This saw him corrupt such people that included the Shade, Nightshade, Acrata, the Shadow-Thief, Bete-Noir and Daniel-Crow-Brings-Darkness. (Justice League of America v2 #54) He then looked to shatter the Moon and drew out the Spectre in order to defeat him with this all being part of Eclipso's plan to conquer Earth. This was in an effort usurp control of the planet through which God channelled His influence into the universe. This brought him into conflict with the Justice League where they had to battle a number of heroes that fell under Eclipso's influence. Despite the villains plans, he was defeated when the heroes channelled their light attacks against him thus vanquishing him and leading to Bruce Gordon being restored to his body. (Justice League of America v2 #59)
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of reality was created with a different history of events.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Eclipso was created by Bob Haney and Lee Elias where he made his first appearance in House of Secrets v1 #61 (August, 1963).
In other media
- In Justice League, Eclipso appeared as an antagonist in the animated television series set in the DC Animated Universe in the episode "Eclipsed" though was not named in the episode. The character had a different backstory within the setting as he was the embodiment of the collective souls of a race of evil serpent men called the Ophidians. Long ago, this race were enemies until they were imprisoned in the black diamond known as the Heart of Darkness that was guarded by a line of protectors to prevent its release into the world.
- In DC Universe Online, Eclipso appeared as an antagonist in the setting of the MMORPG where he was voiced by actor Jason Liebrecht.
- House of Secrets v1: (1963)
- JSA v1:
- Justice League of America v2:
- Justice League Dark v1: