From Multiversal Omnipedia
Eitri is a male dwarf character that features in Marvel Comics.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Eitri was created by Alan Zelenetz and Bob Hall where he made his first appearance in Thor Annual v1 #11 (November 1983).
- The character was based of Eitri from Norse mythology.
- In Infinity Wars: Iron Hammer v1 #1 (2018), an alternate world was created when Gamora using the Infinity Stones used its powers to merge various individuals with one another leading to Iron Man along with Thor combined into a single entity that had his own unique backstory. On this world, Eitri the Weapon-Smith was captured by the Dark Elves who wanted him to make mystical weapons for their master Malekith with an enchantment created to prevent the Dwarf from escaping.
In other media
- In The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, Eitri appeared in the animated television series episode "The Fall of Asgard" where he was voiced by actor John DiMaggio.
- In Avengers: Infinity War, Eitri appeared in the live-action film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe where he was portrayed by actor Peter Dinklage. He a member of the Dwarven race and their chief smith who resided on the planet Nidavellir where he forged weapons for Asgard including Thor's hammer. Thanos attacked the ringed world where he took the Dwarves hostage to force Eitri to build him the gauntlet designed to contain the power of the Infinite Stones. Eitri complied but after completing his task the Mad Titan killed the Dwarves and turned the smith's hands to stone to prevent him from ever forging another weapon again. He was left on the empty world when he found intruders only to discover it to be Thor looking for the Dwarves aid to create a new weapon for him to fight Thanos. With the aid of Thor and his allies, they were able to restart the damaged Nidavellir where he forged the Stormbreaker axe that Thor used to battle the Mad Titan on Earth.
- Thor Annual v1:
- Infinity Wars: Iron Hammer v1: