Gambit is a male comic superhero that features in Marvel Comics.
Remy Etienne LeBeau
Mr and Mrs X
He and Rogue later attended the marriage of Kitty Pryde and Colossus only to see Kitty decide to not go forward with the wedding on the day. During a discussion amongst the X-Men, Remy decided that he could not live a life parted from Rogue and proposed to her at that moment. Thus, it was decided to use the venue and set up for the marriage between Remy and Anna Marie leading to them becoming a formally married couple. (X-Men: Gold v2 #30) After the wedding was held, the pair went into space for their honeymoon when Kitty Pryde informed them of an urgent mission and requested their aid leading to the married couple going on the assignment. (Mr. and Mrs. X v1 #1)
Personality and attributes
It was said that he had an angel's smile and the red eyes of a devil. It was for this reason that he came to be known as Le Diable Blanc or the white devil. (Gambit v3 #1)
Powers and abilities
After making a deal with Apocalypse, Gambit was transformed into the Horsemen of Apocalypse known as Death whereby he was given new powers. In this form, he was able to transmute substances from one form into another form such as poison. In one occasion, he threatened to turn all the air in the lung of a person into noxious gas. (X-Men v2 #185)
- Gambit was created by Chris Claremont, Mike Collins, and Jim Lee where he made a cameo appearance in Uncanny X-Men Annual v1 #1990 (July, 1990) before fully making his first debut in Uncanny X-Men v1 #266 (August, 1990).
- In Gambit v3 #7 (1999), an alternate version of Gambit was shown who became the New Sun that was native to Earth-9921.
In other media
- In X-Men, Gambit appeared in the 1990s animated television series where he was initially voiced by actor Chris Potter with him later replaced by actor Tony Daniels.
- In X-Men: Evolution, Gambit appeared as a minor antagonist in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Alessandro Juliani.
- In Wolverine and the X-Men, Gambit appeared as a minor antagonist in the animated television series with his first appearance in the episode "Thieves Gambit" where he was voiced by actor Phil LaMarr.
- In X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Remy LeBeau appeared in the live-action film where he was portrayed by actor Taylor Kitsch.
- In Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2, Gambit appeared as a playable character in the video game where he was voiced by actor Michael Dunn.
- In X-Men: Destiny, Gambit appeared in the setting of the video game where he was voiced by actor Phil LaMarr.
- Uncanny X-Men:
- Gambit v1:
- Gambit v2:
- Gambit v3:
- Astonishing X-Men:
- X-Men: Red:
- Rogue and Gambit v1:
- Mr. and Mrs. X v1: