From Multiversal Omnipedia
Hades is a male comic deity that features in DC Comics.
The New 52
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Hades was created by William Moulton Marston where he made his first appearance Wonder Woman v1 #16 (1946).
In other media
- In the DC Animated Universe, Hades made a number of appearances in the shared continuity setting.
- In Justice League, Hades appeared as an antagonist in the two-part animated series episode "Paradise Lost" where he was voiced by actor John Rhys-Davies. As one of the Olympian Gods, Hades was a powerful deity who had handsome features with long black hair, a dark goatee along with black/silver armor. Long ago, he was involved with the Amazon Queen Hippolyta with the pair being lovers. During the Titanomachy, he pledged his support with the Titans that were attempting to overthrow Zeus in exchange for dominion over Earth. The plot failed and Hades was banished to Tartarus for his crimes. The Amazons of Themyscira were charged with guarding the doorway to the underworld to ensure the now demonic Hades never escaped his prison.
- In Justice League Unlimited, Hades returned in an appearance in the animated episode "The Balance" actor Bob Joles. It was revealed that whilst with Hippolyta the two lovers crafted a female statue from clay. After Hades was banished, Zeus brought the statue to life where it became her daughter Diana with Hades indirectly being her father.
- In Smallville, Hades did not appear in the live-action series but was rather one of the aliases used by Darkseid.
- In Wonder Woman, Hades appeared in the animated movie where he was voiced by actor Oliver Platt.
- Wonder Woman v1: