Hammerhead is a male comic supervillain who features in Marvel Comics.
Joseph was a gangster whose flat-topped skull was made of hard metal and allowed him to headbutt his enemies with deadly force.
After Wilson Fisk abdicated his throne as Kingpin, the criminal underworld fell into chaos as the Owl moved to claim his position. This saw him attacking a number of his rivals with Hammerhead's gang being a target. This led to the Libris crime family reaching out for allies and arranging a meeting with Hammerhead. During the meeting, he came to agree to them working together against their common foe in the Owl. (Daredevil v6 #14)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Hammerhead was created by Gerry Conway and John Romita, Sr. where he made his first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man v1 #113 (October, 1972).
In other media
- In Spider-Man, Hammerhead appeared in the 1990s animated television series where he was voiced by actor Nicky Blair.
- In The Spectacular Spider-Man, Hammerhead appeared in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor John DiMaggio.
- In Ultimate Spider-Man vs. The Sinister Six, the Marvel Noir version of Hammerhead appeared in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Jon Polito.
- In Spider-Man, Hammerhead appeared in the 2017 animated television series where he was voiced by actor Jim Cummings.
- In Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro, Hammerhead appeared as a boss antagonist in the setting of the video game where he was voiced by actor Dee Bradley Baker.
- In Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Hammerhead appeared as an antagonist in the setting of the video game where he was voiced once again by actor John DiMaggio. This version was Joseph Lorenzini who was a native to the Marvel Noir universe.
- Amazing Spider-Man v1: (1972)
- Daredevil v6: (2019)