Han Solo is a male film character who features in Star Wars.
Han Solo was the name of a male human who lived in the galaxy in the era of the Galactic Empire. He was born on the planet Corellia where his father was noted to had built starships and had longed to be a pilot. Han was said to had never had been close to his father before his death leading to him becoming an orphan. He ended up among other orphaned children who were forced to steal in order to survive with him being part of a gang that was headed by Lady Proxima. One of his fellow gang members was a girl named Qi'ra with the two being lovers along with desiring to leave the life they had on Corellia. During an assignment, Han stole a valuable object and kept it for himself with the intention of using it to buy himself along with Qi'ra passage off their world. This led to them turning against Proxima and attempting to evade her enforcers that sought to re-capture the two orphans. They made it to the airport where they bribed one of their airport staff with Han being through the gates but Qi'ra was captured. She told Han to escape with him promising to find a way back to recover her in the future. To evade capture from corrupt Imperial forces, Han enlisted with the Empire's military where he was given the last name of Solo as he lacked a surname. At the time, he enlisted to become a pilot in the Imperial Navy and went to the academy at Carida. However, Solo demonstrated a rebellious streak and did not follow orders leading to him failing the pilot course with him instead being assigned to the infantry. In three years time, he was a Mudtrooper where he was deployed on the planet Mimban that was fighting against Imperial control where Han attempted to force compliance and saw numerous casualties in the Empire's infantry.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Han Solo was created by George Lucas with the character being portrayed by actor Harrison Ford and made his first appearance in Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope (1977).
- A young version of the character was portrayed by actor Alden Ehrenreich in the film Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018).
- In the Star Wars: Legends continuity, the character had a different backstory and chain of events. With Leia, he had three children with twins Jacen Solo and Jaina Solo along with a younger son named Anakin Solo.
In other media
- In Star Wars: Battlefront, Han Solo appeared as a playable hero in the 2015 video game where he was voiced by actor John Armstrong.
- In Star Wars: Battlefront 2, Han Solo appeared in the story mode of the 2017 video game and was a playable hero character where he was voiced by actor John Armstrong. The Solo DLC material allowed players to change the characters skin to resemble the younger Han Solo from the movie Solo.
- Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope: (1977)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: (2018)