Jinx (G.I. Joe)
Jinx is a female character who features in G.I. Joe.
When she was 7 years old, she came to study and compete in three forms of martial arts until the time of her graduation from Bryn Mawr. She later travelled to Japan on vacation where she discovered that her family had been ninjas for generations and that she was officially initiated into the clan. This saw her being trained as a kunoichi under the Blind Master where eventually Snake Eyes decided to take her as an apprentice. Over time, he came to convince her to lend her talents to G.I. Joe Team where she came to serve as an infiltration specialist. This saw her gaining the codename Jinx for her actions against the Cobra Organization.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
From a young age, she came to study and compete in three different forms of martial arts. In fact, it was said that she travelled to the Secret Mountain and had studied the Seven Silent Forms with the Blind Master. These included techniques such as the Eye That Pierces, the Iron Hand and the Heart That Waits. Her training in the occult martial arts led to her concluding that her size and relative strength put her at a disadvantage in combat situations. Thus, she decided to focus her craft on infiltration where she mastered it as an art. She came to avoid a wide variety of security features and even escape without ever being detected.
- Jinx was created by Hasbro and featured in the setting of G.I. Joe.
In other media
- In G.I. Joe: Sigma 6, Jinx appeared in the 2006 anime television series where she was voiced by actor Lisa Ortiz.
- In G.I. Joe: Renegades, Jinx appeared in the 2010 animated television series where she was voiced by actor Kim Mai Guest. This version was named Kimi Arashikage who was the daughter of the Hard Master and cousin to Storm Shadow.
- In G.I. Joe: The Movie, Jinx first appeared in the 1987 Sunbow animated film where she was voiced by actor Shuko Akune.
- In G.I. Joe: Retaliation, Jinx appeared in the 2013 live-action film where she was portrayed by actor Élodie Yung.
- G.I. Joe: