Kasnia is a country that features in DC Comics.
The New 52
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of reality was created with a different history of events. After Lord Havok arrived on Earth, he took over the nation of Kravia and sought to bring the neighbouring nations under his control. He appeared before the leader of Kaznia where he told him of how in his reality there was a Allied Kravia and he offered him that strength. (Justice League of America v5 #3)
- Vilmos Egans :
- Kasnia was created by Alan Burnett, Paul Dini and Bruce Timm where it made its first appearance in "The Last Son of Krypton, Part II" (September, 1996).
- During its initial appearance, it was spelt as 'Kaznia' but later appearances changed the spelling to 'Kasnia'.
In other media
- In the DC Animated Universe, Kasnia was created as part of the animated series setting.
- In Superman: The Animated Series, Kasnia made its first appearance in the episode "The Last Son of Krypton". By this point, it was ruled by a 'Regent' and was subject to a trade embargo. The Regent desired LexCorp's new prototype military battlesuit but were unable to formally purchase it. However, Lex Luthor accepted payment for it in a secret deal with the Regent dispatching his aide John Corben with acquiring the suit by staging it to appear as a theft. However, Luthor had allowed security to be lax to have his suit stolen but when it was destroyed by the newly veiled hero known as Superman then the Regent through his attorney had the money returned to him.
- In Justice League, Kasnia made a number of appearances in the animated series set in the DC Animated Universe. In "Starcrossed", the ambassador of Kasnia came to the United Nations with the Justice League monitoring the situation to prevent any harm from a suspected terrorist attack.
- In Justice League Unlimited, Kaznia made an appearance in the animated series episode "Hawk and Dove". The country had erupted into warring factions with Queen Audrey requesting aid from the Justice League. Ares sought to encourage conflict and in the guise of Mr. Sera where he gave the armored Annihilator to Nardoc of the Northern faction. It was only the intervention of Wonder Woman, Hawk and Dove who discovered that anger fueled the Annihilator construct. This saw a break in the hostilities which thwarted Ares plot.
- In the Arrowverse, Kasnia made a number appearances on the live-action series setting.
- In Arrow, Kasnia made its first appearance in the episode "Suicidal Tendencies" where it was referred to as the Republic of Kaznia. Following John Diggle's marriage to Lyla, A.R.G.U.S. Director Amanda Waller interrupted the couples honeymoon in order to recruit them for a mission. They were to accompany the Suicide Squad on a mission to Kaznia in order to rescue Senator Cray who had been kidnapped by militants.
- In DC Legends of Tomorrow, the country Kasnia made an appearance in the episode "Progeny". By 2147, world governments had dissolved and corporations arose to govern society with the nation giving rise to the Kasnian Conglomerate. At this point, key shareholders decided on policy and used autonomous humanoid robots to maintain order.
- In Supergirl, Kasnia was mentioned in the live-action teleivison series episode "The Adventures of Supergirl" where it was said that John Corben had been involved in operations there.
- In Justice League Action, Kasnia appeared in the setting of the animated television series in the episode "Keeping up with the Kryptonians". Mister Mxyzptlk decided to test whether Superman and Supergirl would remain good people regardless of their background whereupon he used his powers to create an alternate world setting. In this reality, he had Superman's pod landing in Cold War time Kasnia where he grew up under their military regime to be their warrior who intended to conquer the planet for his nation. This brought him into conflict with Supergirl who was a Hollywood starlet with this ending when Booster Gold made them remember their true origins.
- In Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman, Kasnians made an appearance in the animated film set as part of the DC Animated Universe. A faction of the Kasnian military attempted to purchase a large number of high-tech armaments from Gotham criminals Penguin, Rupert Thorne and the assassin Bane. However, the shipment was thwarted by the intervention of Batman who prevented the weapons from being delivered by the mobsters to the Kasnians.
- In Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Kasnia was mentioned in the alternate world setting of the animated movie. A number of Kasnian terrorists operated beneath the embassy when the Justice League forced their way in and eliminated their number before Steve Trevors forces could arrive on the scene.
- Superman: The Animated Series:
- Justice League: