Krang is a male extraterrestrial character who features in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Krang was the ruthless alien brain overlord who ruled Dimension X. Banishment to Earth robbed him of his body, forcing him to team up with the Shredder to further his conquests. In exchange for Shredder creating a new body for him, Krang gave him Dimension X technology. Krang was eventually given an android body with his brain residing in the stomach and which possessed the ability to grow in size thanks to a microchip in the shoulder.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Krang was an original creation of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles animated series where he was created by David Wise and voiced by actor Pat Fraley.
- The character transitioned into the comics with his first appearance being in the adaptation of the animated storyline in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures v1 #1 (August, 1988) published by Archie Comics.
- On Screencrush, it was noted that Krang was created from "borrowed bits and pieces from other comic characters and combined them with his [David Wise] own ideas." with the other-dimensional villain allowing for the use of advanced technology that was an explanation for the Foot Clan consisting of robot ninjas.
In other media
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Krang featured as one of the main antagonists in the 1987 animated television series where he was voiced by actor Pat Fraley.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Krang made a cameo appearance in the 2003 animated television series in the episode "Secret Origins, Part 3" where he was voiced by actor Wayne Grayson. He was shown as an ordinary Utrom who was complaining about walking on his tentacles with colleague telling him to shut up. The character was replaced by Ch'rell who served as an Utrom villain for the Turtles.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Kraang were introduced as one of the main antagonists in the 2012 animated television series where the majority of them were voiced by actor Nolan North. Their true origins were revealed in the episode "The War for Dimension X" where it was shown that an Utrom scientist named Krang discovered Mutagen harvested from the giant Kraathatrogons worms imparted them with powerful psychic abilities which they used to subjugate their own kind. Kraang Prime then copied his mind into the rest of his kind making them an extension of his will.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows, Krang appeared as an antagonist in the setting of the live-action film where he was voiced by actor Brad Garrett.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fall of the Foot Clan, Krang appeared as the final boss in the 1990 Game Boy video game.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project, Krang appeared as the final boss in the 1992 video game.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Mutants in Manhattan, General Krang appeared in the setting of the 2016 hack-and-slash video game where he was voiced by actor Steve Blum.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: