From Multiversal Omnipedia
Man-Ape is a male comic supervillain that features in Marvel Comics.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Man-Ape was created by Roy Thomas and John Buscema where he made his first appearance in Avengers v1 #62 (March, 1969).
In other media
- In The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, M'Baku the Man-Ape appeared as an antagonist in the animated series where he was voiced by actor Kevin Michael Richardson.
- In Avengers Assemble, M'Baku appeared in the animated television series Black Panther's Quest season in the episode "The Panther and the Wolf" where he was voiced by actor Ike Amadi. This version was a criminal who was a member of the Shadow Council where he operated in Wakanda and dispatched to capture the White Wolf after the thief had stolen the files about the organization's membership. He confronted White Wolf who was being pursued by his adoptive brother the Black Panther thus forcing M'Baku to battle the two of them. During the fight, he made use of a force-enhancer to manifest armour around himself in an attempt to overpower his foes but he was ultimately defeated.
- In Black Panther, M'Baku appeared in the live-action film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe where he was portrayed by actor Winston Duke. He was shown as being the leader of the gorilla themed Jabari Tribe that were one of the five clans of Wakanda though they opposed the rule of the Black Panther leading to them living in seclusion in the mountains. M'Baku attended the ceremonial challenge when T'Challa had become the Black Panther after his fathers death with the gorilla leader fighting him for the crown. He was defeated and T'Challa bid him to live so that he could continue to lead his people with him acquiescing. When Erik Killmonger defeated T'Challa, his body was discovered by a fisherman from the Jabari who took his barely living body to M'Baku who tried to keep him alive as part of his debt to the Black Panther.
- In Marvel: Avengers Alliance, Man-Ape appeared as a boss antagonist in the Facebook video game where he was the leader of the White Gorilla faction.
- In Marvel Heroes, Man-Ape appeared as a boss antagonist in the MMORPG where he appeared in the one-shot story "Vibranium Mines".
- Avengers v1: #62 (1969)
- Black Panther: