The Chief is a male comic character who features in DC Comics.
During World War II, Caulder came to work with a genius named Dr. Anton Koravyk on a top-secret sonar project. (Doom Patrol v1 #114) It was said that he had created accidents to create other super-powered beings which included the Human Cannon, Negative Girl and Electric Blu who were all the Chief’s victims. At some point, he became the peer of a brilliant scientist who had made breakthroughs in the field of animal evolution. However, Caulder became jealous of the man’s accomplishments and decided to destroy him. Thus, he sabotaged his laboratory and engineered an explosion that badly destroyed his body. The Chief then removed his brain and intended to place it into the mechanical frame of his Robotman. However, the scientists uplifted gorilla named Monsieur Mallah rescued him whereupon he vowed vengeance against Caulder to destroy everything of his including his creations as he became the supervillain called the Brain. (Teen Titans v3 #37)
Personality and attributes
Caulder was shown to be infatuated with Madame Rouge. (Doom Patrol v1 #113)
Powers and abilities
- The Chief was created by Arnold Drake and Bruno Premiani where he made his first appearance in My Greatest Adventure v1 #80 (June, 1963).
In other media
- In Batman: The Brave and the Bold, the Chief appeared in the animated television series in the episode "The Last Patrol!" where he was voiced by actor Richard McGonagle
- In DC Nation Shorts, the Chief appeared in the Doom Patrol segments where he was voiced by actor Jeffrey Combs.
- In Titans, the Chief appeared in the live-action television series where he was portrayed by actor Bruno Bichir.
- In Doom Patrol, the Chief appeared in the spin-off live-action television series where he was portrayed by actor Timothy Dalton.
- My Greatest Adventure v1:
- Doom Patrol v1:
- Teen Titans v3:
- Justice League v2: