From Multiversal Omnipedia
Nuidis Vulko is a male comic character that features in DC Comics.
The New 52
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Nuidis Vulko was created by Bob Haney and Howard Purcell where he made his first appearance in The Brave and the Bold v1 #73 (September 1967).
In other media
- In Young Justice, a Doctor Vulko was shown in the episode "Downtime" where he was voiced by actor Jeff Bennett. He was shown as a scientist that was in charge of studying the mysterious creature encased in ice.
- In Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, Vulko appeared in the animated film where he was voiced by actor Peter Jessop.
- In the DC Extended Universe, Vulko made a number of appearances in the shared continuity setting:
- In Justice League, Vulko was set to appear in the 2017 live-action film where he was to be portrayed by actor Willem Dafoe but the scenes were cut from the movie.
- In Aquaman, Vulko made his first appearance in the 2018 live-action film where he was portrayed by actor Willem Dafoe. He was shown as being an Atlantean who was a trusted advisor to Queen Atlanna and shared her vision of peace with the surface world. During those years, he was sent to the surface after he learnt of Atlanna's first born son who was half-surface dweller and helped train the boy to be a warrior so he could claim the throne of Atlantis when he became an adult. Vulko was present when Atlanna was declared a traitor and sentenced to be sacrificed to the Trench. Arthur Curry upon learning this resented Vulko for lying to him with the Atlantean returning to Atlantis where he came to be the vizier to Atlanna's second son Orm. He came to see that Orm was raised by his Atlantean father to hate the surface world and sought to wage war against it with Vulko working in secret to undermine him and install Arthur as the new king.
- The Brave and the Bold:
- Justice League: