Rand Corporation (Marvel)
The Rand Corporation is a business that features in Marvel Comics.
The Rand Corporation was a company that was created in the modern age.
Rand-Meachum Corporation was exploiting the resources of the Savage Land despite this being banned by the U.N. charter. To counter this, the company claimed that they had permission from the land's ruler namely Ka-Zar. (Namor the Sub-Mariner v1 #17)
Following a battle with the New Avengers, the Mighty Avengers approached the Rand Corporation's headquarters in order to confront Danny Rand about his involvement about the vigilante group following the passing of the Superhuman Registration Act. Rand's lawyer Jeryn Hogarth denied any involvement on the part of his employer despite Iron Man stating that they had encountered Iron Fist who was Danny Rand's superhero identity. However, Hogarth stated that anyone could be under the mask and Rand himself stated that he had no part in the activity. Jeryn even threatened legal action against Tony Stark for any continued actions against Danny Rand with the Mighty Avengers departing due to lack of evidence. (New Avengers v1 #29)
In an effort to save Maya Lopez, Danny made use of a Rand corporate jet to transport the New Avengers to Japan. (New Avengers v1 #27) Through a sister company, Rand Corporation real estate purchased an entire floor of a building from the assets of the convicted Samuel Sterns for use as their hideout as they remained fugitives from the Registration Act. (New Avengers v1 #38)
The Black Cat Felicia Hardy and the Beetle Janice Lincoln later broke into the Rand Corporation. This was because Hardy had a job to copy the designs of the Randall Gate. During their break-in, they encountered Pai leading toa battle with Iron Fist. (Black Cat v1 #8)
It had once made a bid for a new kind of security technology that could infiltration by superpowered means such as magic. (New Avengers v1 #59)
- Wendell Rand :
- Harold Meachum :
- Joy Meachum :
- Danny Rand :
- Natalie :
- The Rand Corporation was created by Roy Thomas, Gil Kane and Bill Everett where it made its first appearance in Marvel Premiere v1 #15 (May, 1974).
In other media
- In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Rand Enterprises made several appearances in the shared continuity setting:
- In Daredevil, RAND Oil & Chemicals was referenced in the live-action television series where one of their trucks was involved in a car accident that almost killed an elderly man. The hazardous chemicals from the flipped truck splashed on the face of a child named Matt Murdock who had saved the man's life but the event blinded him with the chemicals being absorbed into his eyes.
- In Iron Fist, Rand Enterprises featured heavily in the setting of the live-action television series where it was established as a company founded by Wendell Rand who worked alongside his business partner Harold Meachum.
- In Luke Cage, Rand Enterprises appeared in the live-action television series where Misty Knight was invited to come there by Danny Rand so that she could be provided an artificial prosthetic arm for her lost right limb. She was there where calibration tests were done to connect the prosthetic to her nerve endings.
- Marvel Premiere v1: (1974)
- Iron Fist v1:
- Namor the Sub-Mariner v1:
- New Avengers v1:
- Black Cat v1: (2020)