From Multiversal Omnipedia
Renee Montoya is a female comic character that features in DC.
The New 52
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Renee Montoya was created by Paul Dini, Bruce Timm and Mitch Brian who created her in Batman: The Animated Series.
- In the Titans Tomorrow storyline in Teen Titans v3 #17 (2004), a dark timeline ten years in the future was shown where the Teen Titans a adopted a more ruthless authoritarian streak in eliminating villains from the world. On this Earth, Renee Montoya was the commissioner of the Gotham City Police Department and received advice from the retired James Gordon. The pair were at odds with the new Batman who was actually Tim Drake that began eliminating criminals instead of capturing them.
In other media
- In Gotham, the character made an appearance as a series regular where she was portrayed by Victoria Cartagena. She was shown as a detective in Major Crimes in the Gotham City Police Department where she was partnered with Detective Crispus Allen. It was revealed that as part of her backstory that she was involved romantically Barbara Kean though the two had broken up with Barbara now being Jim Gordan's fiancée. Detective Montoya and Allen attempted to investigate the death of Thomas as well as Martha Wayne. The socialites were shot in Crime Alley though the case passed to Detective Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock with the two believing Mario Pepper was responsible for the murder who was shot. Through Oswald Cobblepot, they learnt that Pepper was framed and she warned Barbara Kean as she still had feelings for her.
- In Batman: Bad Blood, Renee Montoya made an appearance in the animated film where she was voiced by actor Vanessa Marshall. She was shown as a Detective in the Gotham City Police Department and when she was off-duty she met Katherine Kane at a bar. The pair developed a mutual attraction to one another with Montoya agreeing to go on a date with her.
- In DC Universe Online, Renee Montoya appeared as the Question where she was voiced by Angela Harger. She was shown in Gotham City where she and Batwoman served as the experts on the Religion of Crime as well as task player heroes in combating the Intergang Cult of Crime. When Kate Kane was captured for sacrifice, Montoya directed players to the Temple of Crime and sought to free Batwoman.
- In Batman: Arkham Knight, Renee Montoya was referenced in the video game on a board listing Detective shifts at GCPD Headquarters with her name being present on it.
- In Batman: The Telltale Series, Renee Montoya appeared in the video game series where she was voiced by actor Krizia Bajos. She was a Detective in the GCPD who admired the efforts of Bruce Wayne for Gotham City. Renee was later drugged causing her to lose her impulse control leading to her shooting Carmine Falcone in the head when he was detained at GCPD Headquarters.
- Final Crisis: Revelation: