Vicki Vale is a female comic character that features in DC Comics.
During their battle with the Mad Hatter, Batman and Robin encounter the photojournalist Vicki Vale who becomes determined in uncovering the Caped Crusaders true identity. (Batman v1 #49)
She later began dating the Gotham City millionaire Bruce Wayne. (Detective Comics v1 #155)
The New 52
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of history was created with a different series of events.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Vicki Vale was created by Bob Kane and Bill Finger where she made her first appearance in Batman v1 #49 (October/November 1948).
- In Batman/Houdini: Devil's Workshop v1 (1993), an Elseworlds version of Vicki Vale was present in the setting. She worked at the Daily Globe where she did the coverage on the recently arrived Harry Houdini who came to Gotham City. Vale later was responsible for public blaming the vigilante Batman following a string of murders of young children in the city.
In other media
- In Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Vicki Vale made a non-speaking cameo appearance in the animated series in the episode "Triumvirate of Terror!". She was kidnapped by the Joker with Batman saving her with her later being witness to Lex Luthor, Joker and Cheetah having captured the Trinity.
- In Gotham, a character by the name of Valerie Vale appeared in the live-action television series third season where she was portrayed by actor Jamie Chung. The episode "Better to Reign in Hell" she mentioned that her father was a police brother and that she had three brothers who had also joined the police force. She operated as a journalist in Gotham and became romantically involved with James Gordon.
- In Batman, Vicki Vale appeared in the live-action film as the love interest where she was portrayed by actor Kim Basinger.
- In The Batman vs. Dracula, Vicki Vale appeared in the animated film where she was voiced by actor Tara Strong. She was shown to be working as a television reporter who began to look into the story of missing people in Gotham City that were called the Lost Ones. Unknown to anyone at the time, these were actually victims of the vampire Dracula. Vale was captured by Dracula who nearly used her to resurrect his long dead bride until the Batman intervened ad interrupted the ritual. During this time, she was also romantically linked to Bruce Wayne and wondered about the limits of what he would die after the death of his parents.
- In Batman: Year One, Vicki Vale appeared in a minor role in the animated film adaptation where she was voiled by actor Grey DeLisle in an uncredited role. She was a news reporter that showed the story of Bruce Wayne arriving at Gotham airport after the billionaire had disappeared for many years. Vicki also reported the numerous sightings of the mysterious vigilante called the Batman.
- In DC Universe Online, Vicki Vale appeared in the MMORPG video game where she was voiced by actor Lorrie Singer.
- In the Arkhamverse, Vicki Vale made a number of appearances in the shared continuity setting.
- In Batman: Arkham City, Vicki Vale made her first appearance in the video game where she was voiced by actor Grey DeLisle.
- In Batman: Arkham Origins, Vicki Vale made a cameo appearance in the video game where she was voiced again by actor Grey DeLisle.
- In Batman: Arkham Knight, Vicki Vale returned in the final instalment of the video game series where she was voiced once more by actor Grey DeLisle.
- In Batman: The Telltale Series, Vicki Vale appeared in the 2016 video game series where she was voiced by actor Erin Yvette. Her backstory in this continuity was greatly different from the comics with her being born as Elizabeth Arkham of the Arkham family. Her parents had opposed the actions of Thomas Wayne who had been sending his enemies into Arkham Asylum to dispose of them. In response, it was claimed that Thomas had the Arkham's killed. Afterwards, Elizabeth Arkham was taken into care where she was adopted by the Vale family with her being re-named as Vicki Vale. She was abused by her foster family who hurt her and locked her in the basement where she developed a deep seated hatred of them. This in turn led to her path to madness as she sought revenge against the Wayne's and the rest of Gotham. To get her vengeance, she created the secret identity of Lady Arkham as an adult and formed the Children of Arkham with them intending to get revenge on both the Wayne's as well as Gotham. In her civilian identity, she was a reporter for the Gotham Gazette who attended Harvey Dent's function to promote his campaign to be elected Gotham City's mayor. Though Dent did not want the press, Vicki stated that she had come to speak to the elusive Bruce Wayne. After allegations of the Wayne family tied to fraud and corruption, Vale approached Bruce Wayne to support him and offered him a chance to get his side out into the media. She later revealed her true identity as Lady Arkham when she injected Bruce Wayne with a drug causing him to lash out against Oswald Cobblepot. To secure storage of her drug, she decided to store it at her adoptive fathers business of Vale Oil & Heating whereupon she killed her adoptive parents but left her younger adoptive brother alive.
- Batman Eternal v1: