Volstagg is a male comic superhero that features in Marvel Comics.
Whilst at Old Asgard, he was confronted by the newly re-awakened Mangog with the demon battling the Asgardian. Despite his fury, the War Thor was defeated and his Mjolnir hammer was shattered by the beast who departed to kill everyone in Asgardia. With his body broken and having lost the form of War Thor, he barely clung onto Old Asgard when Maleith the Accursed arrived and used a dagger to loosen Volstagg's grip sending him floating into space. (Mighty Thor v1 #701)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
If the hammer was destroyed, he lost the great power given by that version of Mjolnir and returned back to his original form. (Mighty Thor v1 #701)
- Volstagg was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby where he made his first appearance in Journey into Mystery v1 #119 (August, 1965).
In other media
- In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Volstagg made multiple appearances in the shared continuity setting.
- In Thor, Volstagg made his first appearance in the live-action film where he was portrayed by actor Ray Stevenson.
- In Thor: The Dark World, Volstagg appeared in the live-action film where he was portrayed once again by actor Ray Stevenson.
- In Thor: Ragnarok, Volstagg appeared in the third live-action film instalment where he was again portrayed by actor Ray Stevenson. He along with Fandral were shown manning the Bifrost to call back Thor only for Hela to emerge where she killed the two members of the Warriors Three.
- Journey into Mystery:
- Mighty Thor: