From Multiversal Omnipedia
- Real World: February 18. Pluto is officially discovered by Clyde Tombaugh after studying photographs taken in January.
- Real World: February 26. The so-called "Castellammarese War" between rival factions of the Italian-American mafia begins with the assassination of Gaetano Reina on the orders of Joe "The Boss" Masseria.
- Real World: March 5. Einar Wegener, a Danish painter, undergoes a sex-change operation and takes the new name Lili Elbe.
- Real World: March 6. The first frozen foods, invented by Clarence Birdseye, go on sale in Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Real World: March 12. Mohandas Gandhi begins a march towards the sea with 78 followers- the Salt March, as this becomes known, is intended to protest the British monopoly on salt.
- Real World: March 28. Constantinople changes its name to Istanbul, and Angora changes its name to Ankara.
- Real World: March 31. The Motion Pictures Production Code, which puts restrictions on potentially objectionable content in films, is instituted.
- Real World: April 5. At the end of the Salt March, Gandhi breaks British law by going to the sea and making salt.
- Real World: June 17. The "Bonus Army"- about a thousand veterans of World War I- assembles in Washington, DC as the Senate considers a veterans' benefits bill.
- Real World: October 5. Airship R101 crashes in France on its maiden voyage, intended to take it from Britain to India.
- Real World: December 2. President Herbert Hoover goes before Congress to request a $150 million public-works program, intended to generate jobs and stimulate economic recovery.
- DC (Generations): Dick Grayson is born. (Superman & Batman: Generations, Superman & Batman: Generations II)
New Fictional Works
The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett.
Just Imagine, The Return of Dr. Fu Manchu, Tom Sawyer.
Notable Radio Programs
First broadcast of The Shadow.
|<< Back to 1929||^Up to 1930s^||Forward to 1931 >>|