- Back to the Future: March 26. Biff Tannen is born. (Unsourced information from Back to the Future timeline)
- Real World: April 26. The German Luftwaffe bombs Guernica, Spain at the behest of the Falangist faction in the Spanish Civil War.
- Real World: May 6. The zeppelin Hindenburg goes up in flames and is destroyed in an accident at Lakehurst, New Jersey.
- Real World: May 7. The Condor Legion Fighter Group arrives from Germany to assist Francisco Franco's faction in Spain.
- Real World: June 8. A total solar eclipse visible in the Pacific region and Peru lasts over seven minutes (the longest in over 800 years).
- Real World: July 7. The Marco Polo Bridge Incident (also known as the Battle of Lugou Bridge) marks the beginning of the Sino-Japanese War.
- Real World: December 13. The Battle of Nanking ends with the Japanese victorious. The Nanking Massacre that follows over the next three months ultimately causes the deaths of over 250,000 people.
- DC (Pre-Crisis), DC (Post-Crisis), DC (Post-Zero Hour): First appearance of Quicksilver (who, post-Zero Hour, was an identity of Max Mercury). (Flash Secret Files #1)
- Real World: Italy joins the Anti-Comintern Pact.
New Fictional Works
Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie, The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien.
Charlie Chan at Monte Carlo, Charlie Chan at the Olympics, Charlie Chan on Broadway, Dick Tracy (serial), Dr. Syn, King Solomon's Mines, Lost Horizon, The Prisoner of Zenda, The Shadow Strikes, Silver Blaze, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Topper, Zorro Rides Again (serial).
Notable Comic Books
Detective Comics #1.
|<< Back to 1936||^Up to 1930s^||Forward to 1938 >>|