From Multiversal Omnipedia
- DC (Generations): March 14. The servants of the Ultra-Humanite complete their reconstruction of Lex Luthor's brain, implanting it in a robot body with formidable firepower. Calling himself Metallo, he quickly adapts and begins wrecking Metropolis, confronted by the newly debuted Flash V (Jay West), Knightwing, Blackhawk, Cyborg, and Green Lantern III (who defeats him by disarming him- literally). Amanda Mason and Knightwing marry. (Superman & Batman: Generations II)
- Real World: September 10. The first proton beams are circulated in the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.
- Real World: September 28. SpaceX Falcon 1 achieves orbit, becoming the first privately owned spacecraft to do so.
- Real World: October 3. The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act is signed by U.S. President George W. Bush, creating a federal fund for purchasing failing bank assets.
- Real World: November 4. Barack Obama is elected President of the United States. Obama is the first African-American U.S. President.
- Real World: November 26. Terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India result in 195 deaths and at least 250 injuries.
- Real World: December 27. Israel launches a military campaign in Gaza in order to end Hamas rocket fire and damage the organization's infrastructure.
- Cowboy Bebop: Chess Master Hex develops the program that drives the first hyperspace gates. (Cowboy Bebop: "Bohemian Rhapsody")
- Futurama: Stop and Drop becomes America's leading brand of suicide booth. (Futurama: "Space Pilot 3000")
|<< Back to 2007||^Up to 2000s^||Forward to 2009 >>|