Carol Ferris is a female comic character that features in DC Comics.
Her mother began to suffer from mental illness with Carl Ferris having her taken to Europe for care with her remaining there. In time, he began to tell his daughter Carol that her mother had died in Europe and hid the fact that she was still alive. (Green Lantern v3 #47)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Carol Ferris was created by John Broome and Gil Kane where she first appeared in Showcase v1 #22 (Sep-Oct 1959) and debuted as Star Sapphire in Green Lantern v2 #16 (October, 1962).
- In Green Lantern v5 #20 (2013), a possible future as presented in that timeline in the Book of Oa. It was shown that Carol Ferris eventually married Hal Jordan with the couple having a son Martin Jordan who was named after her husband's deceased father.
In other media
- In Young Justice, Carol Ferris appeared in the animated series episode "Depths" where she was voiced by actor Kari Wahlgren. She headed Ferris Aircraft where she worked with the Justice League in launching a satellite into orbit that would link communication between Earth and Mars.
- In Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Carol Ferris made a number of appearances in the animated series where she was voiced by actor Jennifer Hale.
- In Green Lantern, Carol Ferris featured in the live-action movie where a young version was portrayed by actor Jena Craig whilst the adult Carol was portrayed by actor Blake Lively. She was the daughter of Carl Ferris who managed Ferris Aircraft with her being friends with Hal Jordan and Hector Hammond when all were children. Carol was present on the day when Martin Jordan's jet crashed during a test flight leading to his death. During the time she was growing up, Hal took her to a bar after he forgot her birthday with the two sleeping together after a long period of attraction with one another. By the modern day, Carol was more involved in her fathers business and also operated as a pilot.
- In Infinite Crisis, Carol Ferris as Star Sapphires appeared as a playable character in the multiplayer battle arena video game where she was voiced by actor Jessica Straus.
- In Injustice 2, Carol Ferris was mentioned in dialogue in the fighting video game.
- In DC Unchained, Carol Ferris as Star Sapphire appeared as a playable character in the setting of the mobile video game.
- Showcase v1:
- Green Lantern v2:
- Green Lantern: New Guardians v1: