The Zamarons are a powerful alien species that feature in DC Comics.
Billions of years ago, the Guardians of the Universe sought to cleanse themselves of the emotions generated by sentient life which formed the Emotional Spectrum. This led to them creating the Book of Oa to shield themselves from its effects but a group of female members of their kind did not agree with this course of action. Though they felt that a life without fear was admirable, they did not believe that this necessitated the abandoning of emotions such as love. Thus, a schism formed with this tribe of women leaving Oa where they spent billions of years searching the universe for that which the Guardians had feared. On the planet Zamaron in Space Sector 1416, they discovered the Star Sapphire that tapped into the violet light of love. One of the Zamarons was possessed by the gem with it taking days for her sisters to remove it whereupon they began to study its power. (Green Lantern v4 #19)
After Jillian Pearlman was defeated, the Zamarons arrived on Earth where they intended to assemble their own corps for the coming war leading to a confrontation with Hal Jordan. (Green Lantern v4 #19)
In appearance, they were statuesque blue skinned alien women but they were able to use their powers to change their form making them appear with more human-like features. (Green Lantern v4 #19)
They were noted for being immortal and their power was equal to that of the Guardians of the Universe. (Green Lantern v4 #20)
Some claimed that they had isolated themselves in the crystal caverns of Zamaron for billions of years to the point that they had twisted the meaning of love. (Green Lantern v4 #19)
An institution created by their people was the Science Academy of Zamaron who maintained Research Station 88Z by the Source Wall in order to study the grand cosmic structure. (Justice League Odyssey v1 #13)
- Queen Aga'po :
- Arla Hax : a blue-skinned member of the Zamaron Science Academy who was a technician at Research Station 88Z and worked with Okkult in trying to stop Darkseid who was coming into ascendance in the Ghost Sector. (Justice League Odyssey v1 #13)
- Zamarons was created by John Broome and Gil Kane where they made their first appearance in Green Lantern v1 #16 (October 1962).
In other media
- In Batman: The Brave and the Bold, the Zamarons make an appearance in the episode "Scorn of the Star Sapphire!".
- In Green Lantern: The Animated Series, the Zamarons made an appearance starting in "...In Love and War" with Queen Aga'po voiced by Grey DeLisle.
- In Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters, the Zamarons made an appearance in the videogame with Queen Aga'po voiced by Olivia d'Abo and the others voiced by Wendee Lee. It was mentioned that long ago that they came from the same race as the Guardians of the Universe before separating and consisted of an entirely female based society that resided on their homeworld of Zamaron. They utilized crystal technology and were shown as warriors that made use of stave weapons where they harnessed the light of love. A practice seemingly adopted by their people was encasing their honored dead in crystal statues that forever stood in service to their kind. Their leader was Queen Aga'po who ruled their people when the Manhunters invaded Zamaron where the machines targeted the Hall of Knowledge. The mechanical entities utilized Willhunters to brainwash the Zamarons to turn them into an army against Oa and forced them to battle the Green Lanterns when Hal Jordan arrived on the planet to defeat the android beings.
- Green Lantern v2:
- Green Lantern v4:
- Green Lantern Corps v2:
- Green Lantern: New Guardians v1:
- Justice League Odyssey v1: