Cosmic Boy is a male comic superhero that features in DC Comics.
He decided to borrow a Time Bubble from the Time Institute to vacation in Superman's era and convinced Night Girl to accompany him. During their journey, a disruption in the timestream erupted causing them to land on Earth but the timeline had been altered. Upon emerging, Cosmic Boy encountered the fiery giant known as Brimstone and a crisis as Earth threatened to turn against its superheroes. Rokk encountered Superman only to discover that the Man of Steel did not recognise him as the effects on history meant that he had never encountered the Legion of Super-Heroes. Krinn had determined that some event following the Great Crisis had altered the timeline thus threatening his future with him and Night Girl looking to ensure that history returned on track. (Cosmic Boy v1 #1)
The New 52
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
An older version as Cosmic Man was noted to be able to manipulate the paramagnetic components in oxygen and nitrogen in the air. Thus, he was able to magnetise the air around a person causing them to struggle to breath and rendering them unconscious. (Adventure Comics v1 #355)
- Cosmic Boy was created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino where he made his first appearance in Adventure Comics v1 #247 (April, 1958).
In other media
- In the DC Animated Universe, Cosmic Boy made a number of appearances in the shared continuity setting.
- In Superman: The Animated Series, Cosmic Boy made his first animated appearance in the episode "New Kids in Town" where he was voiced by actor Chad Lowe.
- In Justice League Unlimited, Cosmic Boy made an appearance in the animated series episode "Far From Home".
- In Legion of Super-Heroes, Cosmic Boy was a supporting cast member in the animated series where he was voiced by Wil Wheaton.
- In Smallville, Cosmic Boy made an appearance in the live-action CW television series where he was portrayed by actor Ryan Kennedy.
- Adventure Comics v1:
- Legion of Super-Heroes v1:
- Cosmic Boy v1: