Garth Ranzz is a male comic superhero that features in DC Comics.
The New 52
Personality and attributes
In his adulthood, he was thankful to Superman for teaching him right from wrong in their youth with Garth considering Kal-El more of an elder brother than his actual brother Mekt. (Action Comics v1 #864)
Powers and abilities
His hands thus operated like the negative and positive poles of a battery that meant that meant he could release super-lightning from his body such as when he clapped his hands together. He could use these for a variety of effects such as creating special lightning-flashes that did not fade away for 10 seconds allowing him to write words in space. (Adventure Comics v1 #247)
- Garth Ranzz was created by Otto Binder and Al Plastino where he made his first appearance in Adventure Comics v1 #247 (April, 1958).
In other media
- In the DC Animated Universe, Lightning Lad made several appearances in the shared continuity setting.
- In Superman: The Animated Series, Lightning Lad appeared in the animated television series episode "New Kids In Town".
- In Justice League Unlimited, Lightning Lad appeared in a non-voiced role in the animated television series in the episode "Far From Home."
- In Legion of Super-Heroes, Lightning Lad appeared as a main cast member in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Andy Milder.
- In Smallville, Lightning Lad appeared in the live-action television series in the episode "Legion" where he was portrayed by actor Calum Worthy.
- In The Flash, Lightning Lad was referenced by name in the live-action television series set in the Arrowverse in the episode "Nora". XS commented to the Flash that his emblem was cooler than Lightning Lad's.
- Adventure Comics v1:
- Legion of Super-Heroes:
- Action Comics v1: