The Danger Room is a location that features in Marvel Comics.
The Danger Room was a special training room located within the X-Mansion.
After facing a number of robotic foes, Professor Xavier had the robot Colosso built to test his students ability to work as a group. (X-Men v1 #22)
In the battle with Cassandra Nova, Beast took civilians into the Danger Room for safety. (New X-Men v1 #126)
The advanced Shi'ar technology within the Danger Room grew sentient where she sought to free herself from the confines of the X-Mansion and get revenge against her 'father'. (Astonishing X-Men v3 #9)
The technological threats within the Danger Room were designed to train the X-Men in every aspect of their abilities. (Professor X and the X-Men v1 #1)
One type of mechanical automation was the multi-limbed Boxerbot. (Professor X and the X-Men v1 #1) Another training robot that operated from the Room was Colosso. (X-Men v1 #22)
- The Danger Room was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby where it made its first appearance in X-Men v1 #1 (September, 1963)
- In Age of X-Man: Prisoner X v1 #1 (2019), an alternate reality was shown known as the Age of X-Man that was designated as Earth-TRN716. On this world, the Danger Room was a prison complex where the ruling Mutants of the world placed Mutant criminals with collars designed to inhibit their powers. Forge was shown as being the warden of the site with Lucas Bishop being detained there for the crime of romantic attachment which was illegal in this reality.
In other media
- In Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, the Danger Room appeared in the episode "The X-Men Adventure". Firestar was training in the facility alongside Spider-Man and Iceman when they were visiting the X-Men. Unknown to them, the villainous cyborg Cyberiad infiltrated the mansion and took over Cerebro. From there, he turned the Danger Room against the heroes as part of his quest for vengeance against Firestar. Thunderbird turned into a grizzly bear who tore through the door allowing them to exit the Danger Room whose traps were now on a lethal setting. They later attempted to make their way to Cerebro to restore control of the mansion to Professor X.
- In X-Men: The Animated Series, the Danger Room made regular appearances in the cartoon series with it first appearing in the episode "Night of the Sentinels". It was said to be one-part gymnasium and one-part survival course with it being affectionately called the Danger Room.
- In X-Men: Evolution, the Danger Room made multiple appearances in the animated television series. It was an advanced training room situated underneath the Xavier Mansion used to train the X-Men. The room had automated defensive systems designed to target any intruders with all its systems though the Priority X command code allowed them to be shut down. During a fight, Nightcrawler and Toad teleported there accidently triggering the defences forcing Xavier to call Cyclops and Jean to protect them whilst he shut the Danger Room down.
- In Wolverine and the X-Men, the Danger Room featured in the animated series as a training area for the X-Men. It was abandoned after the disappearance of Professor X and Jean Grey. After Wolverine returned, he reassembled the X-Men and had Forge work on repairing it.
- In X-Men: Apocalypse, the Danger Room made an appearance but was not name in the live-action film. It was used by Mystique to train the latest incarnation of the X-Men where they fought against Sentinels to aid in combat.
- In X-Men game, the Danger Room appeared as the primary setting in the 1993 Sega video game where it was infected by a virus sent by Magneto who transmitted it from a satellite. This led to its control and safety features being disabled whilst the X-Men were within it. As a result, the X-Men had to navigate past the Room's unpredictable behavior whilst seeking out the virus in order to eliminate it.
- In X-Men: Children of the Atom game, the Danger Room was shown as a fighting stage in the 1994 Capcom video game where it was in the background when fighting Cyclops.
- In X-Men: The Official Game, the Danger Room made an appearance in the video-game tie-in to X2: X-Men United that was set after the movie. Wolverine and Iceman made use of it for training in the use of their abilities.
- In Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, the Danger Room appeared in the setting of the Wii video game. When the Brotherhood of Mutants attacked the X-Mansion, they were confronted by Earth's heroes who were tricked into the Danger Room where Mystique utilised its training simulations against them.
- X-Men v1:
- Uncanny X-Men v1:
- Astonishing X-Men v3:
- Wolverine and the X-Men v1:
- Age of X-Man: Prisoner X v1: