Digimon, an abbreviation of "Digital Monster" (the term is both singular and plural), are a group of creatures inhabiting the Digital World. Digimon are capable of a unique form of metamorphosis known as "Digivolution", a process whereby they evolve into stronger forms. Digimon have six known "levels." Digimon are also capable of merging together into stronger forms, or having their abilities enhanced in other ways.
- Baby - One of a few blob-like infant forms.
- In-Training - More defined but still simple forms.
- Rookie - Small, weak, basic forms of the stronger levels.
- Champion - A common level; generally "adult"-like Digimon are at this stage.
- Ultimate - Very strong Digimon, usually enhancements of the Champion forms.
- Mega - Theoretically the most powerful Digimon, possessing godlike power. It can actually be surpassed by Super Mega or Omega Level. Powerful Megas include: WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Piedmon, Apocalymon, Imperialdramon, Diaboromon, Armageddamon, Omegamon, Millenniummon and Daemon.