Erik Josten is a male comic character who features in Marvel Comics.
Afterwards, he was recruited by Wonder Man to join his team of anti-hero Revengers who sought to forcibly disband the Avengers for being a menace in the world. Josten agreed out of resentment of the heroes rejecting his efforts at joining them where he participated in the attack on Avengers Mansion. Afterwards, he joined his team in assaulting Avengers Tower but they were defeated by the Avengers, New Avengers and the Secret Avengers leading to Erik's arrest alongside his compatriots. (Avengers Annual v4 #1)
During the War of the Realms, the Dark Council and their forces came to invade Earth leading to the Frost Giants laying a claim to North America to become their New Jotunheim. Lady Freyja came to recruit Josten to join several other size-shifters to be part of a strikeforce to infiltrate the Frost Giant's territory and slay their progenitor Ymir. (Giant-Man v1 #1)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Erik Josten as Power Man was created by Stan Lee and Don Heck where he made his first appearance in Avengers v1 #21 (October, 1965).
- He was reinvented as the Smuggler by Roger Stern and Jim Mooney with him taking on this identity in Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man v1 #49 (December, 1980).
- For a time, he took on the identity of Goliath starting in Iron Man Annual v1 #7 (October, 1984).
- The character was then reinvented as Atlas by Peter David and Mike Deodato where he took on this identity in Incredible Hulk #449 (January, 1997).
In other media
- In Avengers Assemble, Erik Josten appeared in the animated television series Ultron Revolution season where he was voiced by actor Jesse Burch.
- Avengers v1:
- Thunderbolts v1:
- New Avengers Annual v2:
- Avengers Annual v4:
- Old Man Hawkeye v1:
- Giant-Man v1: