Flash Museum is a location that features in DC Comics.
The Flash Museum was a building created by the inhabitants of Central City for their local superhero who was the speedster known as the Flash. The people had raised money for the building that served as a tribute to him. (The Flash v1 #154)
A case of Gingold was present in the Museum until it was taken by high school student Ethan Kramer who got elastic powers from it and operated as the Elongated Kid. (Flash v3 #9)
Upon his resurrection, Allen went to the Flash Museum in his civilian guise where he met with Hal Jordan with Barry looking to see the events that happened after his 'death'. (The Flash: Rebirth v1 #1)
By the 25th century, the Museum was an institution that was dedicated to proving the existence of the mythical Speed Force. Its halls were the home of some of the most elite scientists in the world that became authorities on it. (Flash v3 #8)
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of reality was created with a different history of events.
After being psychologically affected by Psycho-Pirate, the mentally unstable Gotham Girl sought to continue to use her abilities to be a hero despite her powers killing her. This saw her attack the Flash Museum and she was part of a plot to bring her deceased brother Gotham back to life. (Batman v3 #63)
The Museum was later rebuilt though the Flash and Commander Cold secretly established the Speed Lab in a hidden part of the building to serve as a base of operations. (The Flash v5 #76)
The Museum was normally filled with adoring fans of the Flash who wanted to know more about the hero. (The Flash v5 #25)
A special section created in one incarnation of the Museum was the Speed Lab. This was a hidden room that could only be accessed by people phasing through the walls of a set section within the building. Inside was a laboratory that contained a large range of equipment for use by the Flash and his allies. (The Flash v5 #76)
- Drake : a male professor in the 25th century who first rediscovered the existence of the Speed Force and who rejected Eobard Thawne's attempt at collaborating until Drake was removed from the timeline by an old Professor Zoom leading to Thawne replacing him as the new head of the museum. (Flash v3 #8)
- Ethan Kramer : a young male who was 16 years old in the modern age when he volunteered as an intern at the Flash Museum. Two months ago whilst working there, he found a case containing Gingold extract and ingested it thus giving him elastic powers where he called himself Elongated Kid and served as a hero in Central City until he was killed by Eobard Thawne. (Flash v3 #9)
- The Flash Museum was created by John Broome and Carmine Infantino where it made its first appearance in The Flash v1 #154 (August, 1965).
In other media
- In Justice League Unlimited, the Flash Museum appeared in the setting of the animated television series set in the DC Animated Universe where it was shown in the episode "Flash and Substance".
- In Batman: The Brave and the Bold, the Flash Museum appeared in the episode "Requiem for a Scarlet Speedster!". It was shown as being made to honor the second Flash Barry Allen after he seemingly died fighting his arch-nemesis Professor Zoom. After seeing Barry Allen's perceived ghost, Batman took Jay Garrick along with Kid Flash to the Flash Museum in order to use the Cosmic Treadmill to track down Flash who was lost in time.
- In Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox, the Flash Museum made an appearance in the initial part of the animated movie. It was targeted by the Rogues that consisted of Captain Cold, Captain Boomerang, Heat Wave, Mirror Master and the Top who broke into it. After they were defeated, it was discovered that they had been hired by Professor Zoom as part of his plot to destroy Central City.
- In DC Universe Online, the Flash Museum was shown in the setting of the MMORPG video game after Central City was added into the world with the Lightning Strikes DLC.
- The Flash v1:
- Flash v3:
- Batman v3:
- The Flash v5: