The Foot Clan are a ninja clan that feature within Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
The Foot Clan were an ancient ninjutsu clan founded in the year 1583 in Japan. One account claimed that they were formed in Feudal Japan by two men named Sato and Oshi. Another account showed that it was founded by a ronin by the name of Takeshi Tatsuo who had been betrayed by his master.
- Shredder :
- Karai :
- Jennika :
- The Foot Clan were created by Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird where they made their first appearance in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles v1 #1 (May, 1984).
In other media
- In Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, the Foot Clan appeared in the setting of the 1990s live-action television series. They were portrayed as a street gang under the control of the Shredder until he was defeated at the hands of Venus de Milo. Leonardo then told the young kids that were part of the Foot that the clan was a lie leading to it being disbanded.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Foot Clan appeared in the setting of the 2003 animated television series. They were said to be a group of warriors and assassins created by the Shredder 700 years ago in Japan.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Foot Clan appeared in the setting of the 2012 animated television series. It was said to had been founded in the year 512 A.D. in Japan by a master martial artist by the name of Koga Takuza who used the swords of his fallen foes to forge a strong steel helmet named the Kuro Kabuto. This became the symbol of the Foot Clan with it passing down from one ruler to the next across their history. At some point, the Clan fell into a lengthy war against the Hamato Clan with this reaching its peak when Oroku Saki was raised alongside Hamato Yoshi. Though raised as brothers, Saki uncovered his true heritage as an orphaned Foot Clan member and his anger only increased when his love interest Tang Shen wedded Yoshi. In an attempt to get revenge against Yoshi, he inadvertently killed Shen and left Hamato to perish though Saki saved his former friends infant daughter Hamato Miwa.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Foot Clan appeared as antagonists in the setting of the 1990s live-action film. They were shown as a group of ninja thieves founded by Shredder in Japan who later relocated their operations to New York and began to recruit disaffected youth into their ranks. The Foot used the kanji for Oni (鬼) that translated to "demon" or "ogre", as their symbol which was worn in their hachimaki or on their backs. These kids were taken from the streets where they were trained in the arts of Ninjutsu by Shredder. A second-in-command in the group was a ninjutsu master who went by the name of Tatsu. April O'Neil reported on the activities of the Foot leading to her becoming a target for the clan where during an escape she was saved by the Mutant Turtles. The Turtles then began to fight against the Foot whose ninjas were individually no match for their foes. However, they tricked Raphael into fighting them alone where as a group they attacked him and beat him near to death forcing the Turtles to retreat. They then returned for a confrontation with the Foot where they easily defeated their foes and the Shredder was seemingly killed.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, the Foot Clan returned as antagonists in the live-action film sequel. In the wake of Shredder's death, the Foot was reduced to a fraction of its former size following a wave of massive arrests of their number by the NYPD with Tatsu attempting to take command of the clan. He later relinquished his position when the Shredder returned and resumed his position as leader where he sought to restore their power. To accomplish this, they targeted Professor Jordan Perry who they kidnapped where the forced him to develop his Mutagen formula that was used to turn two animals into Mutant warriors for the Foot. This led to the transformation of a wolf and turtle into Mutants known as Tokka and Rahzar that were made to fight the Turtles. These warriors were much more powerful physically compared to the Turtles but had low intelligence allowing their foes to eventually defeat them by transforming them back into their normal harmless animal forms. In an effort to defeat the Turtles, the Shredder took the Mutagen himself transforming him into a powerful form but he was defeated when a building collapse was made over him leading to him seemingly being killed once again by the Turtles.
- In Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the Foot Clan appeared as antagonists in the setting of the 2019 animated film. They were said to be an ancient ninja clan that were believed to had gone extinct in Japan long ago. Its founders were responsible for creating the Sato Oshi strike that was a powerful ninja technique dating back hundreds of years which focused all the body's energy into a single blow and can prove as fatal to its wielder as it is to the opponent. Despite their supposed demise, the clan survived even until modern day where they were under the leadership of the Shredder who had a longstanding war with the Turtles. They formed an alliance with the League of Assassins where Shredder offered the Mutagen in exchange for the secret of the Lazarus Pit so that he could become immortal. This saw them operating in Gotham City where they encountered Batman and were also pursued by the Turtles from New York. Ultimately, they were defeated by the Turtles, Batman and his allies thus thwarting the Shredders plans.
- In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up, a Foot Ninja appeared as a playable character in the wii video game.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles v1: (1984)