The Klyn is a prison that features in Marvel Comics.
The origins were of the Kyln were not fully known with even Galactus stating that he did not know who was the architect that had built it. (Annihilation: Silver Surfer v1 #3)
After defeating the rebel Proemial Gods, Galactus came to imprison them within the first Kyln in the hope that they would remain trapped there for the rest of time. (Annihilation: Silver Surfer v1 #3)
During the Annihilation War, the forces of the Annihilation Wave emerged from the Negative Zone who came to conquer the positive-matter universe. Their path of destruction destroyed the Kyln leaving it in ruins. Thanos of Titan dispatched the Fallen One with investigating the remains to find the remnant of the Beyonder. He came to find her dead body at which point Tenebrous and Aegis emerged from the fractured prison as they were now free once more. Tenebrous captured the Fallen One and sought to learn about all the events that occurred since their imprisonment long ago. (Annihilation: Silver Surfer v1 #3)
- Star-Lord :
- Gladiator :
- Power Skrull :
- Fallen One :
- The Maker :
- Tenebrous :
- Aegis :
- Antiphon :
- The Kyln was created by Keith Giffen and Ron Lim where it made its first appearance in Thanos v1 #7 (May, 2004).
In other media
- In Guardians of the Galaxy, the Kyln was first mentioned in the two part mini-episode focusing on Drax who was captured by the Nova Corps where they intended to lock him up at the Kyln prison.
- In the Guardians of the Galaxy, the Klyn appeared in the setting of the live-action film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. It was a space station prison that was used by the Nova Corps to keep prisoners and criminals of the Nova Empire of Xandar. Peter Quill, Gamora, Rocket Raccoon and Groot were all wanted fugitives who were apprehended on Xandar where they were shipped to the Klyn. This station was noted where numerous questionable practices were used against the prisoners. However, Quill and his allies managed to stage an escape where they left the station. Afterwards, Ronan arrived at the station with his forces in search of the Infinity Stone and after learning that the prisoners had escaped with it ordered his troops to kill all the inhabitants of the station before the Xandarian forces arrived.
- In Marvel: Future Fight, the Kyln appeared as a setting in the iOS video game setting.
- Thanos v1:
- Annihilation: Silver Surfer v1: