Orcs (Warhammer Fantasy)
From Multiversal Omnipedia
The Orcs are a species that feature in Warhammer Fantasy.
There were numerous breeds of Orcs that included:
- Black Orcs : a larger more ferocious breed of Orc that was said to come the heart of the Darklands whose harsh environment led to the Black Orcs being more heavily built and larger than the rest of their kin. It was rumoured that they ate other Goblinoid races leading to them developing a reputation for being cannibals. Though few in number, the were said to be a strong force that was heading westward where they conquered and absorbed other Goblinoid tribes with their numbers growing more common. (Warhammer Armies, 3rd Edition)
- Savage Orcs : a more primitive Orc breed whose tribes lived in the forests and mountains of the Old World where the shunned any form of technology. Physically, they resemble any other Orc but it was their simple nature that caused them to shun more technical creations in favour for simplistic weapons and equipment with them instead being adept stone workers. (Warhammer Armies, 3rd Edition)
- Grimgor Ironhide :
- The Orcs featured in the setting of Warhammer Fantasy.
In other media
- In Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning, the Greenskins appeared in the setting with the Orcs being a playable race in the setting of the MMORPG video game. They were part of the Forces of Destruction side with them uniting under the banner of the Black Orc Warlord Grumlok and his diminutive counterpart, the Goblin Shaman Gazbag with the pair heading the Bloody Sun Boyz. Players could play as either a Black Orc or a Choppa when choosing the Greenskin faction or they could play as a Goblin Shaman or Squig Herder.
- Warhammer Armies: Orcs and Goblins: