Orion is a male comic deity superhero who features in DC Comics.
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of history was created with a different series of events.
For some time, divinations of the future revealed that doom was coming to the cosmos with this heralding the return of Darkseid and his ascendance into power. It was then that a crisis emerged when the Source Wall itself was threatened with destruction with the New Gods intervening alongside the Justice League. However, despite their attempts, they failed and the Wall collapsed with an ancient primordial being unleashed from eons of imprisonment. With their release, the New Gods attempts to flee through a Boom Tube but came to be unformed as a result with Orion seemingly among the few survivors. He became convinced that his father Darkseid was responsible and sought to stop him where he clad himself in okkulting armor to protect him from the Eskaton that were to hunt the New Gods upon their demise. Taking the identity of Okkult, he set about the task of hunting down and eliminating Darkeid who had activated the Sepulkore where he was creating a new race of gods to serve him. (Justice League Odyssey v1 #16)
Personality and attributes
He once took the name of Okkult when he tried to hide his true identity. (Justice League Odyssey v1 #16)
Powers and abilities
Orion was able to voice summon his war armour where it phased in his gear from subspace after it being unlocked and it simply emerged around him. (Justice League Odyssey v1 #17) He was known to make use of okkulting armor that could hide his presence from beings such as the Eskaton who hunted the New Gods. (Justice League Odyssey v1 #16)
For a time, he had with him a war dog by the name of Sturmer who had fine mega-senses. (JLA v1 #34)
- Orion was created by Jack Kirby where he made his first appearance in New Gods v1 #1 (February, 1971).
In other media
- In the DC Animated Universe, Orion made a number of appearances in the shared continuity setting.
- In Superman: The Animated Series, Orion made his first appearance in the animated series where he was voiced by actor Steve Sandor.
- In Justice League, Orion returned in the animated series where he was voiced by actor Ron Perlman.
- In Justice League: Gods and Monsters, Orion appeared in the animated film set in an alternate universe where he was voiced by actor Josh Keaton.
- In Injustice: Gods Among Us, Orion made a cameo appearance in the video game where a statue of his head was shown in the Hall of Justice.
- New Gods v1:
- JLA v1:
- Wonder Woman:
- Green Lantern v5:
- Mister Miracle v4:
- Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps v1:
- Justice League Odyssey v1: