Vibe is a male comic character that features in DC Comics.
Paco Ramone was a black haired male human born in the modern age on Earth. As a Metahuman, he was born with the power of sending out powerful vibrational energies though lacked control over them until he was 19 years old. Around this time, he used them to protect his neighbourhood in Detroit when he encountered the Justice League and was recruited into the newest incarnation of the team. (Justice League of America Annual v1 #2)
During the Blackest Night, he came to be one of a number of people that were resurrected as undead members of the Black Lantern Corps. He arose at the Hall of Justice where he ambushed his old comrades in the Justice League of America and attempted to make them feel despair so that he could feast on their emotions. (Justice League of America v2 #39)
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of history was created with a different series of events. Francisco Ramon was the youngest son of the Ramon family with him having two older brothers named Armando Ramon and Dante Ramon. They lived in Detroit, Michigan where five years ago the city along with the world came under attack from the forces of Darkseid. Cisco was caught within the vortex of an opening Boom Tube where he was saved by Armando but his older brother got pulled into the doorway by a Parademon where he was seemingly killed. Exposure to the imterdimensional energies from the event horizon altered Cisco's body gifting him superhuman powers. (Justice League of America's Vibe v1 #1)
He was then approached by Agent Dale Gunn of A.R.G.U.S. who was part of an initiative to make Cisco into a superhuman operative code named Vibe. (Justice League of America's Vibe v1 #1)
Personality and attributes
Some of his friends referred to him as Paco Ramone. (Justice League of America Annual v1 #2)
He worked hard in order to get into college and higher education as he wanted to make his older brother Armando proud. (Justice League of America's Vibe v1 #1)
Powers and abilities
The energies from the Boom Tube had altered Cisco's internal vibration frequency making it no longer in sync with the rest of the world. This internal frequency could become agitated if it were in close proximity to other things or beings from outside Earth's dimension. Such a sense manifested as a migraine that notified him of the presence of an inter-dimensional presence nearby. Ramon could also tap into this power from beyond this universe allowing him to affect the vibrational tendons that hold reality together. A side effect was that it meant that pictures could not be taken of him with photographs appearing blurred. (Justice League of America's Vibe v1 #1)
- Vibe was created by Gerry Conway where he made his first appearance in Justice League of America Annual v1 #2 (October, 1984).
In other media
- In the Arrowverse, Vibe made a number of appearances in the shared continuity setting.
- In Arrow, Cisco Ramon made his first appearance in the live-action series where he was portrayed by actor Carlos Valdes.
- In The Flash, Cisco Ramon was a supporting character in the live-action series where he was portrayed by actor Carlos Valdes.
- In The Flash, the Earth-2 version of Cisco Ramon was shown in the live-action series where he was portrayed by actor Carlos Valdes.
- In Vixen, Cisco Ramon made a brief appearance in the animated series tie-in to the Arrowverse where he was voiced by actor Carlos Valdes.
- In Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, the Earth-3 version of Vibe appeared in the animated film with him being named in background material as Breakdance and was voiced by actor Carlos Alazraqui.
- Justice League of America v1:
- Justice League of America's Vibe v1: