Wong is a male comic character that features in Marvel Comics.
To save Doctor Strange, Wong sought to convince Mister Misery to lend his aid as he did during the battle with the Empirikul. However, the creature refused and decided to enact a plan to torture Stephen Strange. This involved kidnapping Wong and taking possession of his body to force a confrontation with Strange. (Doctor Strange v4 #16)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- Wong was created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko where he made his first appearance in Strange Tales v1 #110 (July, 1963).
- The character was first identified with the name Wong in Strange Tales v1 #119 (April, 1964).
In other media
- In Spider-Man, Wong appeared in the 1990s animated series in the episode "Doctor Strange" where he was voiced by actor George Takei.
- In Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme, Wong appeared in the animated film where he was voiced by actor Paul Nakauchi. He was a disciple of the Ancient One and his chief aide with him once serving as mentor to Mordo. Wong was shown with a full head of grey hair and being skilled in magic with him working alongside the Ancient One's other students including Mordo, Adena, Lucy and others in battling the forces of the Dark Dimension. He was present in defeating one such creature where he cast a spell to hide their activities from ordinary humans where he noticed that Stephen Strange could still manage to see them despite the illusion. After Stephen Strange's accident, Wong approached him and offered him a way for him to regain the use of his shattered hands with him directing him to the way to meet the Ancient One. Initially, Strange believed the magic that the Ancient One offered was rubbish but he ultimately decided to stay and train with Wong participating in his instruction. At the same time, he was assisting the other magical disciples in the battle against Dormammu's creatures that were seeking to attack the Sanctum Sanctorum.
- In the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Wong made multiple appearances in the shared continuity setting:
- In Doctor Strange, Wong appeared in the live-action film where he was portrayed by actor Benedict Wong. He was shown as being a senior Master of the Mystical Arts who was assigned as chief librarian of Kamar-Taj after the former holder had been killed by Kaecilius.
- In Avengers: Infinity War, Wong appeared in the live-action film where he was once more portrayed by actor Benedict Wong.
- In Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Wong appeared as a non-playable character in the video game where he was voiced by actor Michael Hagiwara.
- In Marvel: Future Fight, Wong appeared in the setting of the mobile video game.
- In Marvel Avengers Academy, Wong appeared as a playable character in the mobile video game where he was voiced by actor Nicholas Andrew Louie.
- Strange Tales v1:
- Dr. Strange: