From Multiversal Omnipedia
- Real World: February 1. In a referendum on female suffrage in Switzerland, citizens (men) vote against the idea.
- Real World: February 6. The U.S. successfully test-launches the first Titan intercontinental ballistic missile.
- DC (Generations): Batman and Superman collaborate to deal with Bat-Mite and Mister Mxyzptlk. Kara Kent's powers begin to manifest. Lex Luthor begins manipulating Joel Kent. The Joker sets up a dummy corporation to buy the Gotham Diamond Exchange Building. (Superman & Batman: Generations)
New Fictional Works
Goldfinger by Ian Fleming, Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein, The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson, Night of the Big Heat by John Lymington.
- 4D Man, The Alligator People, The Angry Red Planet, The Atomic Submarine, Attack of the Giant Leeches, The Bat, Ben-Hur, Caltiki, the Immortal Monster, The Cosmic Man, Curse of the Undead, Darby O'Gill and the Little People, The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake
- The Giant Behemoth, The Giant Gila Monster, The Head, Hercules, The Hideous Sun Demon, The H-Man, The Hound of the Baskervilles, Invisible Invaders, Journey to the Center of the Earth, The Killer Shrews, The Leech Woman, Monster on the Campus, The Mummy, The Mysterians, On the Beach, Plan 9 from Outer Space, The Return of the Fly
- The Shaggy Dog, Sleeping Beauty, The Snow Queen, Solomon and Sheba, The Testament of Dr. Cordelier, The Testament of Orpheus, The Tingler.
Notable Comic Books
Notable Television Series
- Beginning: Men Into Space, One Step Beyond, The Twilight Zone.
- Ending: The Invisible Man, Quatermass and the Pit.
|<< Back to 1958||^Up to 1950s^||Forward to 1960 >>|