From Multiversal Omnipedia
Clayface is the name of several characters in the DC Universe.
Clayface (Basil Karlo)
- Main Article: Basil Karlo
Clayface (Matt Hagen)
- Main Article: Matt Hagen
Clayface (Preston Payne)
- Main Article: Preston Payne
Clayface (Sondra Fuller)
- Main Article: Sondra Fuller
Clayface (Cassius "Clay" Payne)
- Main Article: Cassius Payne
Clayface (Dr. Peter "Claything" Malley)
- Main Article: Peter Malley
Clayface (Todd Russell)
- Main Article: Todd Russell
Clayface (Johnny Williams)
- Main Article: Johnny Williams
- The concept of Clayface was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane where it made its first appearance in Detective Comics v1 #40 (June, 1940).
- In Arkham Manor v1 #3 (2015), it was revealed that the Joker infected a stray portion of Clayface with Joker Venom with this one developing into its own entity known as Clownface. This being had no mind of their own and simply enjoyed perpetrating acts of anarchy.
In other media
- In The Batman, there were two versions of the villain that appeared in the animated television series:
- The first was Ethan Bennett that was an original character for the animated series who was voiced by actor Steve Harris.
- The second was Basil Karlo who was first voiced by actor Wallace Langham and then by actor Lex Lang.
- Detective Comics: