From Multiversal Omnipedia
Doctor Poison is a female comic supervillain that features in DC Comics.
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of reality was created with a different history of events.
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
- The Princess Maru incarnation of Doctor Poison was created by William Moulton Marston and Harry G. Peter where she made her first appearance in Sensation Comics v1 #2 (February, 1942).
- The Marina Maru version appeared in Wonder Woman v2 #151 (December, 1999)
In other media
- In Wonder Woman, Doctor Poison appeared as a supporting antagonist in the 2017 live-action film set in the DC Extended Universe where she was portrayed by actor Elena Anaya. This version was Isabel Maru who was a Spanish chemist who lived during the time of World War I where she was recruited into the German army to develop chemical weapons. An incident led to her facial disfigurement leading to her wearing a ceramic mask over the left side of her face. During the height of the conflict, she was recruited by General Erich Ludendorff for creating a new weapon for use against the Allied forces to turn the tide of the war effort which she did at an Ottoman empire facility and detailed her notes in her journal. Unknown to anyone, the Olympus God Ares had been manifesting secretly to stir the fires of war and whispered secrets of chemical formula for her that she believed were her own designs. During one visit from General Ludendorff, his pilot who was secretly American spy Steve Trevor stole her journal which Maru discovered with German forces sent to retrieve it. However, they failed which stalled the creation of her new gas weapon that was intended to kill Allied forces even when wearing gas masks.
- In Wonder Woman: Bloodlines, Doctor Poison appeared in the setting of the 2019 animated film where she was voiced by actor Courtenay Taylor. This version was one of the two lead operatives of Villainy, Inc. where she worked with Doctor Cyber in acquiring relics of great importance that could be used to achieve technological progress in order to attain profit.
- In DC Legends, Doctor Poison resembling the DCEU version became a playable character in the iOS video game.
- Sensation Comics v1:
- Wonder Woman v2:
- Wonder Woman: