Horde Troopers are a type of robotic soldier that features in Masters of the Universe.
The Horde Troopers were soldiers that served in the armies of the Evil Horde. Large numbers of their warriors were used to great effect in the occupation of Etheria by the forces of Hordak. Horde Troopers were also used in the attempted invasion of Eternia.
- Horde Troopers were created as antagonists that featured in She-Ra: Princess of Power cartoon by Filmation.
In other media
- In She-Ra: Princess of Power, the Horde Troopers were antagonists in the animated series.
- In He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Horde Troopers appeared in the 2002 animated television series where they made an appearance in the episode ""The Power of Grayskull". They were shown in a flashback of the time of King Grayskull. During that time, the Horde had come to Eternia where Hordak had led them to defeat the Snakemen before proceeding to lay siege to Castle Grayskull. In that battle, numerous Horde Troopers were shown brandishing swords that charged to attack King Grayskull who smashed through their lines as he sought to confront Hordak directly. At the climax of the battle, Hordak's priests had opened the portal to Despondos where King Grayskull used his power to create a vortex to trap the Horde in that terrible dimension. All the Horde Troopers along with Hordak and his lieutenants were sucked into the portal where they remained trapped for centuries.
- In The Secret of the Sword, Horde Troopers were introduced into the animated universe where they were footsoldiers of the Horde.
- Mattel created Horde Trooper toys that were released in 2013 where they were referred to as Evil Mechanical Enforcers of Hordak that were referred to as Horde Drones with Serial Numbers such as 2549 and 3849. They were said to be constructed in factories on both Etheria and later on Eternia where Hordak mass produced them to create countless robotic enforcers. These troopers were dressed in a manner similar to the foot soldiers of Horde World and were linked to a central computer brain where they were programmed to follow any evil command given to them. Their robotic strength was used to overpower enemies of the empire and were more than a match for most enemies. Under the command of their master, the vicious Horde Trooper were used to attack the heroic warriors until He-Man landed a powerful blow to destroy them.
- She-Ra: Princess of Power:
- Masters of the Universe: