Juggernaut is a male comic character who features in Marvel Comics.
Whilst being transported to a prison facility, the Juggernaut was accidently freed when Brother Voodoo summoned Cyttora to aid him. As they were servants of Cyttorak, the spell accidently teleported the Juggernaut to the location of the Unity Division where he battled them. He was only defeated when Jericho had the Cyttora seal the Juggernaut in his armour and had them take Marko to their dimension. (Uncanny Avengers v3 #29)
However, he came to remain on Earth where he resided at his home in New York when it came under threat from the War in the Realms. After the conflict, Marko came to find himself captured by Frost Giants who took him to Jotunheim and conducted magics on him to steal the Gem of Cyttorak from him. Their attempts were interrupted by the Punisher who was looking for information on the Frost Giant Kasyckla in order to avenge the death of the parents of orphans on Earth from the war. The act freed the Juggernaut who took his revenge on the Frost Giants and decided to aid Frank Castle on his quest. (Punisher Kill Krew v1 #3)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
Another change following his increased power was a secondary helmet located beneath the first one which kept him immune to assaults on his mind. (Uncanny Avengers v3 #29)
- The Juggernaut was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby where he made his first appearance in X-Men v1 #12 (July, 1965).
In other media
- In Pryde of the X-Men, the Juggernaut appeared in the 1989 animated pilot episode where he was voiced by actor Ron Gans. He was stated to be Charles Xavier's stepbrother and a member of the Brotherhood of Mutant Terrorists.
- In X-Men, the Juggernaut made multiple appearances in the 1990s animated series where he was voiced by actor Rick Bennett.
- In X-Men: Evolution, the Juggernaut made multiple appearances in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Paul Dobson.
- In Wolverine and the X-Men, the Juggernaut made multiple appearances in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Fred Tatasciore.
- In Ultimate Spider-Man, the Juggernaut appeared in the animated television series where he was voiced by actor Kevin Michael Richardson.
- In X-Men: The Last Stand, the Juggernaut appeared in the live-action film where he was portrayed by actor Vinnie Jones.
- In Deadpool 2, the Juggernaut appeared as an antagonist as an entirely computer generated character in the live-action film where the motion capture and voice was provided by actor Ryan Reynolds. The characters backstory was referred to when he stated that he wore a helmet to protect himself from his brothers telepathic attacks and said that his sibling could not use his legs thus hinting at Xavier's connection to him. He was at some point captured and imprisoned at the mountain based Ice Box facility that was run by the Department of Mutant Control (DMC) where he was kept at the deepest level of the facility in the basement. The Mutant prisoners referred to him as the biggest monster in the facility.
- In X-Men Legends, Juggernaut appeared in the setting of the video game where he was voiced by actor John DiMaggio.
- In Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions, Juggernaut appeared in the setting of the video game where he was voiced by actor Matt Willig.
- In X-Men: Destiny, the Juggernaut appeared in the video game where he was portrayed by actor Fred Tatasciore.
- In Marvel Heroes, the Juggernaut appeared as a boss level character and as a playable character where he was voiced by actor Fred Tatasciore.
- In Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order, Juggernaut appeared in the setting of the Switch video game where he was voiced by actor Peter Lurie.
- X-Men v1:
- Uncanny X-Men:
- X-Men v2:
- Uncanny Avengers:
- Uncanny X-Men:
- Punisher Kill Krew v1: