Karnak is a male comic character that features in Marvel Comics.
He was then enrolled at his fathers seminary at the Tower of Wisdom where he trained in the various physical and mental disciplines until he was eighteen years old. (Karnak v1 #2) At some point, he had a son that was named Leer with the child being young and having never undergone Terrigenesis. (Secret Warriors v2 #5)
During Devos the Devastator's assault, the Inhumans and Avengers managed to push back his cybernetic hordes with Karnak rendering Devos himself unconscious. (Realm of Kings: Inhumans v1 #2)
With the Terrigen Mists gone, Karnak took his son Leer and provided him to Mister Sinister in the hope that the scientists experiments would give the boy greater power for a coming conflict. (Secret Warriors v2 #5) He had provided Essex with knowledge, equipment and his son as efforts to recreate Terrige but intended to break this agreement when the formula was nearing completion. This was because he had intended for Moon Girl to complete the formula thus ensuring that the Inhumans on Earth had a future. Karnak also believed that their people were in desperate need for leadership and determined that Moon Girl was to be their new monarch. Thus, he orchestrated events that caused chaos in New Attilan and brought down the Ennilux corporation with the goal of transferring all of it to Moon Girl. After Sinister was defeated, he offered this position to her but she refused with Karnak not realising that he was the flaw in this entire plan. As a result, the formula was destroyed rather than continue with the products of Sinister's research with Karnak being exiled for his actions. (Secret Warriors v2 #11)
Personality and attributes
He was also known as the Shatterer due to his ability. (Fantastic Four Annual v1 #12)
Powers and abilities
A central location for him was the Tower of Wisdom that served as a religious commune among the Inhumans. (Karnak v1 #1) Within his monastery, he had by with him numerous other disciples that were known as the Friends of the Tower with all these being Inhumans. (Civil War II: Ulysses v1 #2)
- Karnak was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby where he made his first appearance in Fantastic Four v1 #45 (December, 1965).
- In Fantastic Four v2 #13 (1997), an alternate version of Karnak was shown in the short merger between the Wildstorm and Marvel universes. Changes led to the emergence of World War 3 where mankind was facing an invasion from the combined forces of the Daemonites and the Skrulls who sided with Doctor Doom. During this assault, Attilan was destroyed and Karnak joined S.H.I.E.L.D. Black Knights unit that included Dane Whitman.
In other media
- In Fantastic Four, Karnak appeared in the 1978 animated television series in the episode "Medusa and the Inhumans" where he was voiced by actor John Stephenson.
- In Fantastic Four, Karnak appeared in the 1990s animated television series where he was voiced by actor Clyde Kusatsu.
- In Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Karnak appeared as a non-playable character in the video game.
- In Marvel: Avengers Alliance, Karnak appeared as a heroic character in the Facebook video game.
- In Marvel: Contest of Champions, Karnak appeared as a playable character in the mobile phone game.
- Fantastic Four v1:
- Inhumans v1:
- Karnak v1:
- Secret Warriors v2: