Nora Fries is a female comic character that features in DC Comics.
Following the Flashpoint, a new version of reality was created with a different history of events. Nora Fields was the daughter of Gerald Fields and Anette Fields with her parents being noted to had given their daughter everything. It was said that Nora became a spoilt young girl who took everything for granted with her wanting to learnt to dance. She eventually met Victor Fries with the two falling in love and she came to marry him thus becoming Nora Fries. At some point, her parents were noted to had died with her not being able to have any last words of reconciliation with them. (Detective Comics v1 #1015)
Victor Fries came to awaken Nora and had her go through the same transformation as himself. This initially led to her being in a protective suit as she could not manage in normal temperatures. Nora had simply wanted to die rather than go through such a life but her husband convinced her to go through the transformation. He then targeted WayneTech's cryogenics laboratory to acquire the necessary ingredients that turned Nora into a being such as himself with her now able to operate without the suit. Thus, the pair became known as Mr. and Mrs. Freeze as they sought to greet the world that was coming to terms with the actions of Lex Luthor. (Detective Comics v1 #1014) The pair engaged in a crime wave with Victor noticing that his wife began to enjoy her new life as a supervillain. However, Freeze himself wanted to abandon the life as all he had done was to find a cure for Nora and for them to life a normal life. However, Nora resented what she believed was her husband's control over him and instead wanted to life of her own. Thus, she looked to separate from Victor who was desperate to have his wife with him but she ended up freezing him and departing elsewhere. (Detective Comics v1 #1015)
Personality and attributes
Her husband was responsible for transforming her into a being such as himself thus making her body as cold as a corpse and her skin going blue. (Detective Comics v1 #1014)
Powers and abilities
- Nora Fries was created by Paul Dini and Bruce Timm where she made her first appearance in Batman: The Animated Series.
- She was introduced into the comics in Batman: Mr. Freeze (1998).
- The character was for a time changed into Lazara by Andersen Gabrych and Pop Mhan in Batgirl v1 #70 (January, 2006).
In other media
- In Batman: The Animated Series, Nora Fries was first created a part of the DC Animated Universe in the episode "Heart of Ice".
- In Gotham, Nora Fries was introduced into the second season of the show where she was portrayed by actor Kristen Hager.
- In Batman & Robin, Nora Fries made a minor appearance in the 1997 live-action film where she was portrayed by actor Vendela Kirsebom Thomessen.
- In Injustice 2, Nora Fries was referenced in pre-battle dialogue by Mister Freeze in the fighting video game where he said that he was looking for a cure for her.
- Batman v1:
- Batgirl v1:
- Detective Comics v1: