The Scarlet Witch is a female comic superhero who features in Marvel Comics.
Her birth mother Natalya Maximoff was a spellcasting superhero also known as the Scarlet Witch with few in the world knowing her existence. (Scarlet Witch v2 #4)
Following a mystical attack on Avengers Mansion, a powerful storm struck the area but this was dispersed by Agatha Harkness. She then revealed that she intended to take the Scarlet Witch as a pupil and train her in the ways of witchcraft. (Avengers v1 #128)
She was among the heroes that joined the reformed Avengers when they responded to Asgardian related threats that were appearing on Earth following the devastation to Asgard. (Avengers v3 #1) Ultimately, this proved to be a trap by Morgan le Fay as she had acquired the Norn Stones and the Twilight Sword where she used them in conjunction with the captured Scarlet Witch to alter all reality. Thus, the world was changed into le Fay's wishes where it resembled a modern day Camelot that was under her control with the Avengers becoming her loyal warriors known as the Queen's Vengeance. (Avengers v3 #2) Wanda was among those that remained trapped and aware of the true nature of the world where she called for help with this act inadvertently summoning Wonder Man back from the dead. (Avengers v3 #3)
She visited the grave of Professor Xavier to find Rogue there where she came to blame Wanda for her past actions in nearly bringing about the extinction of a fight. Their fight was interrupted by the arrival of the S-Men who managed to successfully capture the two. (Uncanny Avengers v1 #1) They were brought to their secret headquarters and their leader the Red Skull who had plans to use Wanda to help bring about the genocide of all Mutants on Earth. He managed to secure her aid through his new telepathic powers that he acquired by splicing the brain matter of Professor X with his own. (Uncanny Avengers v1 #2)
Personality and attributes
Powers and abilities
The mystical energy she controlled was chaos energy and that with enough time and training she could use it to far more than simple disruptive hexes. (Avengers v3 #13)
- The Scarlet Witch was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby where she made her first appearance in X-Men v1 #4 (March, 1964).
In other media
- In The Marvel Super Heroes, the Scarlet Witch made her first appearance in the animated television series where she was shown in the Captain America segments with her being voiced by actor Peg Dixon.
- In Iron Man, the Scarlet Witch appeared in the 1990s animated television series where she was voiced by actor Katherine Moffat in the first season and by actor Jennifer Darling in the second season.
- In The Avengers: United They Stand, the Scarlet Witch appeared in the 1990s animated television series where she was voiced by actor Stavroula Logothettis.
- In X-Men, the Scarlet Witch appeared in the 1990s animated television series where she guest starred in the episode "Family Ties" and was voiced by actor Susan Roman.
- In X-Men: Evolution, the Scarlet Witch appeared in the animated television series where she was voiced by actor Kelly Sheridan.
- In Wolverine and the X-Men, the Scarlet Witch appeared in the animated television series where she was voiced by actor Kate Higgins.
- X-Men v1: (1964)
- Avengers v1:
- Avengers v3:
- Uncanny Avengers v1:
- Uncanny Avengers v2:
- Scarlet Witch:
- Avengers: No Road Home v1: